Change layers automatically

Frenul

Hi all!

I want to ask how can I change existing layers to other existing layers automatically? Is it possible without LISP? I have to do it about 20-30 times/day and then set the lines to the appropriate layer value. Thanks for your answers!

If you have a few layers then you could have a pop menu or toolbar, you would make a selection then click on the menu option inside the menu or toolbar is ^c^cchprop la layername 

• Like 2

Welcome to CadTutor Frenul.   :)

This sounds like you might want to know about the LAYTRANS command.

Particularly helpful if a lot of these are coming from repeat suppliers.

Here you go   https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/video/youtube/watch-v-sMUiMWiL0Z4.html

Edited by Dadgad
link added
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dadgad said:

Welcome to CadTutor Frenul.   :)

This sounds like you might want to know about the LAYTRANS command.

Particularly helpful if a lot of these are coming from repeat suppliers.

Here you go   https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/video/youtube/watch-v-sMUiMWiL0Z4.html

LAYTRANS command is not available in LT version. :(

7 hours ago, BIGAL said:

If you have a few layers then you could have a pop menu or toolbar, you would make a selection then click on the menu option inside the menu or toolbar is ^c^cchprop la layername 

I want the public utility lines to switch to my own layer automatically. Now I have to do this by clicking on the line of each utility, selecting all the lines on the layer, setting it to my own layer, and then setting it to a layer value. In LISP, this can be done using layer pairs.

In any case, thank you for your answers. :)

I am sorry that wouldn't work for you.

Please help US to help YOU, by changing your profile SOFTWARE to

AutoCad LT 2022.

I am not sure if LAYMERGE command is available in LT, as I have never used it, you

might want to check it out, as another approach.  :|

• Like 1

@BIGAL @Dadgad I would go with the LAYMRG command that Dadgad mentioned, it could be turned into a macro if it is always a list of the same layers that are involved, but just as a command it does only require picking two objects, one on the original layer and then an object on the destination layer (or choose the option NAME to pick from a dialogue box). The -LAYMRG version og the command will also delete the original layer if that is required.

• Like 1