Limitations of Icons for toolbars?

ewan_m

Hi Everyone,

I have looked in the FAQs, in autodesk help and all around the internet and cannot find any hard and fast rules about the specifications for icons in toolbars.

I wanted to know supported file types, pixel limits and colour depths that you could use when designing new buttons for the GUI.

So far most of mine seem to be 16 Bit Bitmaps at 32x32 for the large size. Can someone tell me what limits are imposed?:?

Cheers

I don’t know what you mean in details but you can try these steps

Tools --> customize --> Edit custom files -->current menu

In the text file you can edit your custom toolbars

Hope this to help you!! Cheers!!

There are certain restrictions ~ I have tried various combinations of options working on Photoshop.

Obviously by looking at the current bitmaps used in the icons one can determine that it is 16-bit and 32x32 I think, but I think only a certain selection of colours are allowed also - as I tried creating quite a few different icons and found that, when loaded into the customisation button menu I would only see a single pixel in the top left hand corner and not the whole image, indicating that the specified file is not suitable.

But I would say, just experiment :P