how to create a multileader or text with an arrow in blender

davenutron

23 minutes ago, davenutron said:

how to create a multileader or text with an arrow in blender?

Once again, WRONG forum!  Wake up man; you are operating in a fog.  FYI - Blender is NOT an AutoCAD vertical product.

Have you tried searching on the Internet for a tutorial about creating text in Blender?  We're talking 3D text are we not?  Try starting here...

Edited by ReMark

13 minutes ago, davenutron said:

I googled multileader like in auto cad and it did not come up with anything, what I need is 2d text and an arrow, any idea how to do?

Your original post stated you wanted to create text in Blender not AutoCAD.  Make up your mind!  

Try the MLEADER command.  A multileader object typically consists of an arrowhead, a horizontal landing, a leader line or curve, and either a multiline text object or a block.

Edited by ReMark

18 minutes ago, davenutron said:

I made a mistake I need it for blender

Look at this tutorial re: creating multiline text in Blender. 

Edited by ReMark

Do I read you right I cannot add 2d text? what are my options for getting text with a line onto the file? maybe convert it somehow to autocad

Edited by davenutron

17 hours ago, davenutron said:

Do I read you right I cannot add 2d text? what are my options for getting text with a line onto the file? maybe convert it somehow to autocad

Yes, you can add 2D text.  Why didn't you specify that in your original post?

Edited by ReMark

3 hours ago, davenutron said:

Is there any way of creating 2d text? Its for a patent so 3d text would not suit

Try doing an Internet search.  It's your project after all.  Search criteria hint: "Blender"+"2D text".  Got it?  Good.  Now go find.  Note: It should take you less than 10 seconds to find what you are looking for.

Edited by ReMark

Well, I am curious as to what your search turned up.  Did you find the video tutorial about how to create 3D and 2D text in Blender?  It was labeled as a Blender Quick Tip.

Edited by ReMark

yes I have found one for creating 2d text sorry future posters lost the link now, basically you go to object mode click add select text then to change the text you simply go to edit mode and your able to delete the text and rewrite new text.

Can any one tell me how to make a stright line all I can find is greese pencil

How to draw a line in Blender?  Mode: Draw Mode.  Tool: Line.  It's amazing what you can find with a simple search.

The topic is covered in the Blender Manual which users have access to as part of the program.

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

are you trolling remark? and wheres the picture to show me. You should learn a thing from cad64 he always makes easy to understand replys which have helped me out a lot

Edited by davenutron

1 minute ago, davenutron said:

are you trolling remark? and wheres the picture to show me

No... I am ReMark, I don't have to troll anyone.  What picture are you referring to?

How to draw a line in Blender?  Mode: Draw Mode.  Tool: Line.  It's amazing what you can find with a simple search.

The topic is covered in the Blender Manual which users have access to as part of the program.

I copied this from my earlier post above. 

Addendum: OP says this is not applicable because it involves the use of the Grease Pencil.  My bad.

Edited by ReMark

I think I need to teach you a thing to make you aware how lucky you are, not everybody works the same some people have gifts from the gods to understand and some people dont the blender manual is useless to me

Well, as it turns out the Line Tool I mentioned happened to be found under Grease Pencil > Draw Mode > Line which does not meet your needs, or so you say.  Now, as to your assertion that I am somehow lucky because I got a gift (of understanding?) from the gods, well that's largely debatable.  Anyway, be that as it may, try looking for the Blender 2.91 tutorial entitled, "Drawing with Dots, Lines and Plains" by Jonathan Keep.  It is dated Feb. 16, 2021.  You could also take a look at another tutorial entitled, "Blender creating straight or linear spline lines" by cresshead.  If neither of those work for you then you are on your own buddy.  

Edited by ReMark