Solid hatch with transparency won't plot

3dwannab

When I have a solid hatch that has transparency and plotting DWG to PDF. The transparent hatch doesn't print. All other hatch types work.

Using latest patched 2023 ACAD.

See attached the printed pdf, drawing and where I've checked the transparency in the plot dialog.

DWG to PDF.pc3 and AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3 are both the same.

See the error in the publish report where it says: WARNING: Failed to rasterize image for plot.

That warning disappears as soon as I change the solid hatch to another type or set the transparency to 0.

Look like I'm going to have to have a dense hatch to make it look like a solid hatch. (Not ideal)

Trans Checked in Plot Settings.jpg

Transparent Hatch Test.dwg Problem Print.pdf

1518913632_PublishReport.jpg.e221940f851b7e1ea058f3dd7d724235.jpg

Edited by 3dwannab

• 3dwannab changed the title to Solid hatch with transparency won't plot

Plots fine in 2022 AutoCAD. It is missing your custom CTB, though.

Does it show correctly in plot preview?

As for the warning message...Raster images only partially plot or do not plot, take a long time, or crash AutoCAD | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network

PDF Underlay in drawing is not plotted in AutoCAD | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Have you contacted Autodesk about the issue?

On 12/14/2022 at 2:34 AM, mhupp said:

Thanks, but that was just checking the checkbox in the plot dialog.

2 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Plots fine in 2022 AutoCAD. It is missing your custom CTB, though.

Does it show correctly in plot preview?

As for the warning message...Raster images only partially plot or do not plot, take a long time, or crash AutoCAD | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network

PDF Underlay in drawing is not plotted in AutoCAD | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Have you contacted Autodesk about the issue?

I've tried all those thing here. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Background-raster-image-will-not-print.html

I have yet to contact AD. I will factory reset ACAD first and see.

Plot preview is good. Just the final plot to pdf and now that physical printer is not working.

PS. Printing the file in ACAD 2022 works just fine.

Edited by 3dwannab

If you use Notepad++ it has a compare 2 files function, so do logfileon then setvar ? * etc and dump all variables, Logfileoff. Run again with a pc that works. Can not help much more than that.

I can not read Your Zip it says 6.6mb but nothing there ??

I've never used transparency, always used shading in plot styles instead. Can be done with either STB's or CTB's.

Avoids the need to "rasterize image for plot" required by having even a single object set with transparency which makes the file output to your plotter several times larger. Your issue is more than likely related to that file size, maybe not enough memory in the plotter.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/plotting-to-pdf-in-autocad-results-in-a-large-pdf-file.html

Strange how you can't see anything when you try download it.

Anyway, I've set up two profiles. A default one and the one that I have I have set up to my liking.

If I simply switch from the one I use to the default one and then back to the one I've set up the plots work. There's something happening in the meantime.

It's not file size as the example I have posted on the first post contains 6 entities.

Here's the working .svf file exported (With these variables I can Plot transparency fine). I'll post the non working one once this raises it's ugly head again.

working.svf

Edited by 3dwannab

It's started doing it again so here's the non-working svf file. I've went through the differences and couldn't get it to work.

Below is all the variables that are different to the working.svf file above.

_ANNOALLVISIBLE
_AUPREC
_CANNOSCALE
_CETRANSPARENCY
_CLAYER
_CLAYOUT
_CTAB
_CVPORT
_EDGEMODE
_GRIDDISPLAY
_LASTPOINT
_LIMMAX
_NAVVCUBEDISPLAY
_OSMODE
_PLINETYPE
_SNAPISOPAIR
_TEXTSIZE
_TEXTSTYLE
_TILEMODE
_UNITMODE

non working.svf

If CETRANSPARENCY was at fault it wouldn't show up in plot preview, even then the most transparent it could be would be 90%. Good Plot previews most often means it's an issue with plotters, drivers, etc.

It seems, the Plot to PDF is where there is a problem. I would WAG it's a bug of some sort, if a reinstall gets it working.

Everything works as is in AutoCAD 2022?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 11:50 AM, SLW210 said:

If CETRANSPARENCY was at fault it wouldn't show up in plot preview, even then the most transparent it could be would be 90%. Good Plot previews most often means it's an issue with plotters, drivers, etc.

It seems, the Plot to PDF is where there is a problem. I would WAG it's a bug of some sort, if a reinstall gets it working.

Everything works as is in AutoCAD 2022?

Sorry, I'm not getting emails to replies on here any more even though my preferences has that enabled.

So, the reinstall ended up getting borked too. 2022 is fine. 

I think I found the issue. Publishing in background. I've toggled this on and off and it working when off and not when on.

image.png.2d7c54279b1cc9612d1374f912b5363a.png

Edited by 3dwannab
  • Like 1

Problem is back. The issue isn't what I've said in the post about toggling the plot in background to off. It's down to a corrupt profile. If I reset my profile then it works but it raises its head again after a while.

I've never had to issue a bug report before @SLW210

I've tried https://www.autodesk.com/support/contact-support but there are no links to reporting a bug.