Custom External Macro Program (Like CADTools)?

zyborgmonkey

A few posts earlier, I asked if it was possible to add an additional field to the RunLisp program with information about the selected command. It turns out that a few days earlier, in another topic, the RunLisp program appeared in an extended version displaying additional information with descriptions.

runlisp3.gif.e801b9cbd53ee8cf19146a25be1ddbd4.gif

Now all you have to do is add information and notes about how it works to each program. 😂

Might be nice to give credit where credit is due and a link to the original post for others to follow....

BigAl, I tend to use it as a memory aid when I forget the shortcut commands though more often than not use the 'view code' button to modify a LISP in the library - that opens the LISP n notepad

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Not sure how you would use it when say this menu has 165 lisps

It's easy, just sort your lisp into separate folders and use the "Change Lisp Library" button. I see it more useful for use in programs that are not permanently loaded into autocad for the menu, but for example, test programs, not used on a daily basis, etc... In addition, you can edit the code and check it in action right away.

Why not just a help button somewhere this is page 1 of 28 pages a WORD Doc.

image.png.87bd6ee7f902041125967711e957d279.png

Typical page of Cadarc manual. Again 85 pages. Shows how to use it not just load it.

image.thumb.png.535f7625245f69a4e383eef453bca90c.png

Edited by BIGAL