Oleson Project

fmsims02

16 hours ago, Steven P said:

Command: Line. Try that.

Apart from that, we might need some guidance on what you are finding tricky.

I've been doing that. I put in the bearing the way it says to, but nothing happens, the line just goes away.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• William Pegg

• fmsims02

• Steven P

5 hours ago, William Pegg said:

I've been doing that. I put in the bearing the way it says to, but nothing happens, the line just goes away.

There are many many options for the LINE command. You need to define your task and find the option that does what you need done. It's ridiculously easy to go astray and get a result you didn't want.

For a property boundary, you typically start with a Point of Beginning. Start the LINE command and type in the coordinates. That creates the start point of your first line. To get the next point, you begin with the @ symbol, which creates the end point relative to the start point. Type the distance and angle after the @ (don't use space or you'll end the command), with a < symbol between them. Yes, it's confusing, that's just how AutoCAD works.

My guess is that you typed something that didn't match a valid option, so the line never got drawn. Another possibility is that it was drawn, but in a place you can't see it.

6 hours ago, William Pegg said:

another option, copy and paste what they said here and then paste what you are doing. If you hit F2 you'll get the command text window, copy from there the last few lines