Break Command for AutoCAD Drawing View like in Inventor?

Philip R

Hello,

I am working with large 3D objects in AutoCAD and Inventor. I like to use AutoCAD as my drawing tool and Invetor as a designing tool. That said, in Inventor you have to command "break", which will break your object into a comfortable size. I was looking for the same command in AutoCAD and couldn't find it.

I have the 3D Model in Model space and created a drawing view with the "Base" command. I can change the scale and the line visibility but cannot break the Drawing view into a comfortable size, like I used to in Inventor. I want to compress the drawing to A3 paper size and only show important parts of my 3D object without scaling it down to 1:300.

Does AutoCAD have the same command as Inventor?

Not really sure about break but if using multiple layouts can you not have multiple views of a large object at a scale  ? Just set up 1st layout, scale etc,, then copy layout and pan the mview then lock viewport.

• Like 1

@BIGAL I use this method right now. I make flatshots of my 3D Model and create viewports showing the parts I want to show. The issue is that I only make a static projection of my model and when I want to change something, I need to make flatshots again and change the viewport accordingly. I want a more automatic process.

I was looking for alternatives, and AutoCAD provides some layout management, but not at all at the same degree as Inventor, which doesn't make any sense. AutoCAD is supposedly designed for 2D presentation and inventor for 3D. Or maybe I am too stupid to understand the logic

Look into SOLVIEW/SOLDRAW and SOLPROF if I understand what you are wanting.

Post a .dwg and/or an image of before and after would help.

• Like 1