Union big Problem

tatra4444

Hello ,

I have two boxes 10x10 in top of each other(endpoint to end point), when i make union for them they joined as one object, but they have a lot of faces (18 face) and they must be 6 faces,Please need help.

with thanks :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Cad64

• tatra4444

• Came

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

tray pedit before going trough union command

use union for sides of the box, you will union one then onether box and join with union

poly line command

change line in one object, line has 3 grips a polyline 2, list the tutorials

you will find it there changes line into polyline

Pedit stands for Polyline Edit. I'm not sure what Came is actually suggesting. Maybe he thinks you're working in 2D as opposed to 3D. Are both boxes exactly the same (WxLxH)?

If the boxes are exactly the same size then there really was no benefit to joining them other than you already had an extra one hanging around. You could have used the Move Faces command to just make the box taller (doubling the height).

BTW...answer Cad64's question while you're at it.

did you use lines or box command

tray drawing 2 box then union

Note: The OP specifically mentions "two boxes" and the "union" command.

Lines???

Normally one would draw a box in plan view using a single continuous polyline and then extrude it the required height. You have some editting to do. The "union" command could not complete its task because your two boxes were not solids to begin with.

Cad64: Could it be the OP constructed his two boxes using lines in a 3D environment and thought that by doing so he could then combine the two? That's why he has more faces than he had expected to see. I believe the union command failed to process the "boxes" because they weren't solids to begin with.

Cad64: Could it be the OP constructed his two boxes using lines in a 3D environment and thought that by doing so he could then combine the two? That's why he has more faces than he had expected to see. I believe the union command failed to process the "boxes" because they weren't solids to begin with.

Yes, this is very possible and it is actually what I suspect has happened, but it still wouldn't explain how he ended up with 18 faces? Two boxes stacked on top of each other would only equal 12 faces. It would take 3 boxes to give you 18. But anyway, this is why I want to see a screenshot. All of this speculating is getting us nowhere. :roll: