how to make 3d object between two 3d objects.

humaironline

I have one cylinder dia 6.2mm, and end of one side after 5mm distance one 3d square block.

now i want to join both cylinder and square matching edge profiles.

Pls help to create it in Auto cad.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• humaironline

• shift1313

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In AutoCAD 2006, with no LOFT command, I think this shape (kind of like a circular to square transition) would have to be created using a Surface.

im a bit confused. You have a solid cylinder and a solid block and you want what between them? If they are both solid and you want a solid between them just draw it and use the union command. If you want just the center and the edges to match your cylinder and box use the subtract command.

Can you elaborate a little more if you are trying to do as remark said and take your shape from a circle to a square or if you are talking about something else.

This is how I created a circular to square transition using the Edgesurface command. Some of the commands used in creating the basic geometry were copy, mirror, trim and rotate. I created the mesh density by setting surftab1 and surftab2 to 20 and 10 respectively. I left some of the reference lines intact so you could see them. Familiarity with changing the orientation of the UCS is required. Finally, this can all be accomplished much easier in AutoCAD 2007 and beyond by using the Loft command.

I think you should have no problems following the steps as you see them depicted. Good luck with constructing you transition piece.

Edgesurf demo.jpg

When I look at part 1 I get the impression the part (starting from left to right) is a cylindrical shaft, followed by a cone shape end in a cylindrical stub. I may be wrong. I don't see it being a transition from a cylinder to a square. Is some dimensioning detail missing?

if i am seeing it correctly this is a very simple part to draw. You will need to draw a 1/4 section of it and revolve it. Of course you will need to incorporate your dimensions into the drawing.

First i drew all my lines so that the end points snapped together. Then i used the REGION command and selected all the lines to create a closed region. Then i used the REVOLVE command, gave it the axis to revolve around and the angle(360degrees) and you have a 3d solid.

edit: now that jd has drawn it i see what you mean. is acad 06 all you have access to?

revolve.jpg

If the part is as shown by J.D.M. above then I still think it could be done in AC 2006 using the method I previously detailed in the drawing example I provided. Just my opinion.

to: JD Mather

realy you made it as i want but it has some through hole...like in rod 4mm through hole and in rectangular shape 0.5mm through hole.

..pls send me step by step ....i wanto to make it on Autocad 2006. i need this file in dwg or dxf form. pls upload.

To: ReMark

I also hope that JDM make this part in Cad....thanks for you all to help me..

I think you would learn more if you tried making the part yourself rather than asking someone here to make it for you. Don't you?

This transition was made using AutoCAD 2004. I put my reference lines (old habit) on layer 2 (yellow). Most of the geometry is on layer 0 (white) with the exception of the object at the right end. To show that I used the mirror command I placed half of the mesh on layer 3 (green).

Commands used were circle, line, copy, trim, and mirror plus what was needed to reorient the UCS. Surftab1 and surftab2 were set to 20 and 10 respectively. Finally, I used edgesurf as previously demonstrated in the first image I posted of the square to circle transition.

I challenge you to figure this out on your own given the pictoral I have provided. I think you are smart enough to do it without a written step-by-step procedure. You will benefit from this more than I can say. Please give it your best effort. We will be cheering you on from the sidelines here at CADTutor.

Circle to oblong transition.jpg

I forgot to mention I also used the Pedit command to join the two quadrants of the circles to the line as depicted in the 3rd object from the right in the above image. I also added two lines (not shown) vertically as edgesurf requires 4 edges. Sorry about leaving them out. Guess I goofed on that one.

To clarify somewhat on my previous post I offer the following image. The geometry on the left depicts the two additional lines (shown in red) that edgesurf will require to function properly. The green linework at the top was "joined" using the Pedit command. Once edgesurf is invoked the result is shown on the right. Hope this helps.

Transition closeup.jpg