• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ziemerd

• Mr T

• hyposmurf

• ReMark

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but for the benefit of anybody else reading it...

A schematic will tell you nothing about the actual layout of the components - it's the electrical equivalent of the london underground map... it just tells you what is connected to what, shuffled round the page to make the connections less complicated to figure out than they would be in real life and components represented by symbols

the layout drawing illustrates the components as they appear in real life, showing their positions in real life

Standards vary from country to country, and even different packages and companies have different methods of representation:

In America it is conventional to do 'point to point' wiring, so if you open up an electrical panel, the wires will go straight from one component to another in a spaghetti like heap. In Britain we wire to terminal blocks - and then on to whichever component is required, which makes further development of a system, testing, component replacement, and initial installation far easier

• 2 years later...
There is a standard for the blocks we use.I can send you a typical schematic drawing and maybe even the legend for a our electrical blocks.Cant remember the standard now.Let me know if your interesting and I'll email you the drawing/legend drawing.If youve drawn mechanical schematics then you wont find electrical ones to hard,theyre much the same just different blocks.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible if I could have you send me a typical schematic drawing and legend. or point me in a direction to get some help.

Thank You.

playfultexas

• 9 months later...

Hi hyposmurf

Would you be able to send me a copy of your symbols legend..??

Are they drawn to a snap..?? and if so what mm snap..

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Please anyone who could help me with electrical drawing. Start from basic. design, symbol, how to know whether it is 1 phase or 3 phase? how to put the circuit no?

1 circuit can have how many appliance maximum n minimum?

i no nothing bout electrical but i have to do it. i am familiar with mechanical only.

Need ur help urgently. Anyone.

I don't think your question can be answered.

Are talking about designing a circuit from scratch? You need to know the supply to establish what is 1 or 3 phase. A circuit has a minimum of 1 appliance and the maximum is determined by the supply current and the power consumption of the appliances with a safety factor added. With electricity being lethal I would suggest asking these questions shows you shouldn't do it (yet - you need lots more training). This would not be far from asking a electrical engineer to design a motor car.

If you are being asked to draw a circuit then you need to speak to your boss/client to establish what is required. It is then just like drawing train tracks. Provided the volts get from one end to the other then all is well.

This would not be far from asking a electrical engineer to design a motor car.

I reckon most electrical engineers would go alright with that actually lol.

Please anyone who could help me with electrical drawing. Start from basic. design, symbol, how to know whether it is 1 phase or 3 phase? how to put the circuit no?

1 circuit can have how many appliance maximum n minimum?

i no nothing bout electrical but i have to do it. i am familiar with mechanical only.

Need ur help urgently. Anyone.

The first place to start is to upgrade your software from AutoCAD LT 2002 to AutoCAD Electrical 2012. Then buy the book AutoCAD Electrical 2012 for Electrical Control Designers or take a three day seminar at a company like Hagerman & Company or buy a training DVD such as that offered by EduLearn. That is IF you are at all serious about pursuing this.

What kinds of electrical schematics are you drawing?

Did you just get hired at a new company or is this something your boss dropped in your lap (Hey son, draw me an electrical schematic and make it snappy!)?

thx dboada... but u r not helping...

it's like u r insulting me...

That's not Dave's style I can assure you.:wink: On the other hand if you are looking for insults I'd be happy to oblige you.:P Just say the word.:twisted:

Just kidding.:lol:

Lighten up a little.

k. i'm new to this & the company is also newly open up recently.

Actually my job is juz to edit drawing & add electrical appliance to certain drawing.

But now i see my boss is asking me to design & also do schematic (single line).

Yes it's been 3 mth but i still can't get much info on this.

I'm very serious bout this. I want to stay longer in this line. so i need somebody to assist me n teach me. a simple things i know. but if my boss ask me to do smtg that i'm not familiar with i'm scared he will ask me to leave.

So before he do that i hope i can improve more on my work.

thx guys. soory i f i'm a bit emotional coz it's been a week my boss kept reprimand me...:cry: so lately n most of the time i'm not in the mood for jokes.

One line electrical schematics.

The part I'm having a problem understanding is where you say your job is "to edit drawing and add electrical appliance..." What electrical appliances are you asked to add? Do you receive hand sketches from your boss or an electrical engineer or are you supposed to be smart enough to figure it out all on your own?

What field/discipline do you work in?

You will need an electrical engineer to help you.

You will need a chart or booklet with electrical symbols and definitions.

Here is an example of what you need and an idea of how to layout the schematic.

Since the OP mentioned "appliance" I think we'd benefit from some further details. Is he wiring a pump motor in an industrial setting or wiring a house utility room? I'm sure there are substantial differences between the two.

Since the OP mentioned "appliance" I think we'd benefit from some further details. Is he wiring a pump motor in an industrial setting or wiring a house utility room? I'm sure there are substantial differences between the two.

Only in the symbols being used and the exact layout and that was the first scan I came across. That Schematic covers several miles. This is a Maytag Washer Schematic.

Ahhhh, now that's more like it.

I work at a small chemical plant. Our electrical schematics can get pretty busy. Back some time ago I may even have posted an example of one here. Can't rightly recall.

Ahhhh, now that's more like it.

I work at a small chemical plant. Our electrical schematics can get pretty busy. Back some time ago I may even have posted an example of one here. Can't rightly recall.

I didn't want to scare the OP.