• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dumfatnhappy

• brentb08

• SLW210

• beammeup

Top Posters In This Topic

upon looking at the dwg you posted , it listing 8498xbg-fp as not found. this is the base xref you want to get your linework out of.

Noticed that the crosshairs have been realigned with SNAPANG (327 degrees). Noticed that they took this setting out of drafting settings (OS) in 2008 is it in another dialog box now? think its a little easier to use UCS;E then PLAN then save view, found rotating crosshairs really confuses some people.

listed xref and it is inserted at 0,0, so if you can find that base dwg you can get the linework you need.

• 1 year later...
If it is an xref, you should be able to see the path to it in the Xref Manager _externalreferences or _XREF, you will need to Bind or Insert it into your drawing. If it as been Inserted it is now a block. You can explode the block and it will revert to individual entities on to their layers.

This method worked for me. I did follow your instructions and I could have the xref file in individual layers. Now, I can modify them, and do all the changes I need to do. Thank you. :)

spreadcrumb_facebook_userid=669387988;