Initializing PGP file

RonYe

So at work there is a standardized pgp file on the network that everyone's ACad is linked to.

I want to customize my own pgp file, so I created one on my C: drive. The problem now is that I can't reinitialize my file. The command PGPINIT comes back as unknown. Is there some way that I can get my pgp file to link from the T: (network) file to the one on my C: drive? I've tried OPEN and IMPORT in the Alias Editor and it gives me the message that ACad's been updated, but the editor never links up to the pgp on the C:.

Is there another way to initialize the alias editor to link to the C?:?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Franklyn83

• ReMark

• RonYe

• guran

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put the folder that contains your personalized .pgp file at the top of the Support File Search Path, when acad opens it will read that .pgp file first

That was suggested by my coworker.

I've tried to reinitialize it, but I get a prompt asking me if I want to overwrite the original T: pgp. I select yes, and then I get an error command saying that write access is denied.

Do I have to Open or Import my customized pgp? And then I hit Apply, right?

I'm really a newbie to this thing.

And then do I REINIT before or after I import/open?

Close acad and restart, this will load the .pgp file. Then type (findfile "acad.pgp") , this will tell which acad.pgp file it is finding first. If it isn't the one you want, see my post above.

Guest Alan Cullen

Standards, do you work to standards or not? A pgp file is so everyone knows what is going on from box to box.

Yes you can set your own up. But I would be very carefull about doing that.

If you have an issue with some shortcuts, then talk to the boss.

In response to lp,

I did what you told me. Then I went to Alias Editor, imported my .pgp and got this:

picture1ub5.png

At which point I said yes. Then I hit okay. Then I get

picture2tg0.png

At which point I've tried yes, but it won't let me.

Standards, yes. But I thought that I could easily change a few commands to speed things up for myself.

I saw no harm in changing my .pgp file to do that, but I'm starting to believe that my ACAD was setup so as to not allow for this sort of thing.

You probably don't have adminstrative rights to change things like that. Yes Autocad is fully customizable, but some companies force their employees to work under very strict guidelines.

• 7 years later...

I was having a similar problem. I had created a custom one, so I saved it as acadcbj.pgp. I couldn't get it to work, even after making sure my Search Path and my Trusted Locations were correct. It wasn't until I changed the name back to "acad.pgp" that it worked. Hope this helps people in the future!

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys, Im having similar problems with my pgp file and dint want to start another thread about the same issue.

I am setting up two new computers to "behave" the way my other pc's do with the same (my own) pgp file designations.

The odd thing is that when I got to the tools tab, customize, Edit Program Parameters it opens my pgp file and all the commands that I use are shown the way I set them but when I try to use them they seem to revert to the original pgp designations/commands. For instance I re-set the C letter command to mean COPY and that's how it shows on the pgp file. But instead of giving me the copy function when I type "C" it now provides me with the Circle command/function which I think is its original setting. I've restarted the pc but to no avail.

Close acad and restart, this will load the .pgp file. Then type (findfile "acad.pgp") , this will tell which acad.pgp file it is finding first. If it isn't the one you want, see my post above.

Do you mean to type this in the Command line in cad program, I've typed it in various for and it just tells me to press F1 for help.

I also read your other post and made a folder in the Support File Search Path, re-started the computer but still no deal .

If you have a acad.pgp file in C: \ Users \ "your user name" \ AppData \ Roaming \ Autodesk \ ACA 2016 \ enu \ Support, AutoCAD will always use that acad pgp.

This is how it works.

Command: (findfile"acad.pgp") then press the ENTER key.

AutoCAD will return the path to the correct file which will look similar to this.

"C:\\Users\\yourcomputernamehere\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad 2015\\r20.0\\enu\\support\\acad.pgp"

This is how it works.

Command: (findfile"acad.pgp") then press the ENTER key.

AutoCAD will return the path to the correct file which will look similar to this.

"C:\\Users\\yourcomputernamehere\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad 2015\\r20.0\\enu\\support\\acad.pgp"

HI guys, thank you for your responses. Yesterday I was typing the findfile command with a space between the e and quotes, that made all the difference of course. as you can see from the images it is showing me where I have the pgp file, in a folder I call Architecture, how do I get this file to be the one cad uses. In the other picture you can see that in the Support File Search Path there is a folder I created called C:\acadpgp which has that particular file but it is not registering?

ReMARK, thank you for your help. I am a little confused since in the Support File Search Path there is no folder that contains or ends in the ...support\acad.pgp" designation? I know I'm having some sort of brain fart.

Thanks again.

002.jpg

004.jpg

If you have a acad.pgp file in C: \ Users \ "your user name" \ AppData \ Roaming \ Autodesk \ ACA 2016 \ enu \ Support, AutoCAD will always use that acad pgp.

I just noticed that on this pc my friend did not set it up with an actual name, it just says "Office User" where "your Name" is, maybe that's throwing everything off?

Forget about Support File Search Path, just put your acad.pgp file here C: \ Users \ "your username" \ AppData \ Roaming \ Autodesk \ ACA 2016 \ enu \ Support.

Your acad.pgp file should not be sitting in the root drive of your computer dude. What were you thinking? And delete the path from the Support File Search Path while you're at it.

"I am a little confused since in the Support File Search Path there is no folder that contains or ends in the ...support\acad.pgp" designation?" It's probably because someone mucked around a bit too much without knowing exactly what they were doing and deleted the acad.pgp file from its original location.

Edited by ReMark