• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADMASTER1128

• screencrack

• Organic

• alanjt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CADMASTER1128 I'd be more than pleased to accept your offer thanks.

If I could get an e-mail the tutorial is more than yours!

I'll put my hands up too, I (we) use very few layers. We occasionaly get drawings with almost as many layers as entities. While certain disciplines benefit from lots of layers there are many that don't. Just because I chose to have few layers doesn't make me a bad draughtsman.

I'm With you D.

I think too many layers can be a pain.

Anyway I'm heading to Revit land slowly.

Dodge.

I'm With you D.

I think too many layers can be a pain.

Anyway I'm heading to Revit land slowly.

Dodge.

What is the advantage of Revit?

Revit is a architectural package which easily allows for 3D visualization, and it is a lot simpler to do. To do a project in Revit may take a week, while in AutoCAD it will take you a lot longer to acheieve teh same result. I do very littel architectural drafting myself though.

Can you please send me the layer tutorial Cadmaster (you already have my email). Thanks.

Revit is a architectural package which easily allows for 3D visualization, and it is a lot simpler to do. To do a project in Revit may take a week, while in AutoCAD it will take you a lot longer to acheieve teh same result. I do very littel architectural drafting myself though.

Can you please send me the layer tutorial Cadmaster (you already have my email). Thanks.

I'll have order a Trial from Autodesk...What version of Revit do you have?

You will have the tutorial tomarrow!! Hope you enjoy it, what are your plans for this? I'm just wondering...

Just to have a look at it.

We use Revit 2009 (although should be upgrading to 2010 shortly).

Well I hope you like it, just keep in mind that, a 17 year old kid (me) created this, I was told to create by my teacher because he couldn't find a good lesson to give to the students. The last 2 pages are just sample drawings, do you don't have to worry about that.

Well, I'm going to take a look at Revit.

Is that where you get the student version for free for a year or so?

Alternatively you could search the internet for *info.

Is that where you get the student version for free for a year or so?

Yes that is where you get the software, just you have to me real careful with it

What exactly do you mean?

Whenever you get software from them, you are only able to use for one year..

Not only that, but the kind of licnense they give you, puts a stamp on your drawing...Here is an example using Revit.

housebanner.jpg

What is the advantage of Revit?

Hi Cadmaster

Revit. as far as I can see so far, I have only had a play around with trial ver.

When you draw your walls for instance, It produces elevations and 3d without you having to draw them. It also does a heap more such as producing window and door legends. From what I can see it is an awsome program. I can really see that most AutoCad users will be changing over to this product, especially those who work in the Architectural field, Building and interior design.

Dodge.