"@" slow to respond

mikef

Counter question :

Why turn of DYN (dynamic input)

with it on you don't have to use @ at all when you want to use relative coordinate values

I move entities to 0,0,0 lot of time & i ahve the habit of entering at command line. when accidetly dyn button was turned on it stoped accepting it & i realised the reason(dyn button) thry thread in CT & after switching of i was able to use it the old way.

I know alternative was to press shift key & enter 0,0,0 (if dyn kept on) but old habits do not die so fast.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikef

• ReMark

• GE13579

• Dipali

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I move entities to 0,0,0 lot of time & i ahve the habit of entering at command line. when accidetly dyn button was turned on it stoped accepting it & i realised the reason(dyn button) thry thread in CT & after switching of i was able to use it the old way.

I know alternative was to press shift key & enter 0,0,0 (if dyn kept on) but old habits do not die so fast.

Also if DYN is on you can use #0,0,0 for absolute coords.

OS is XP, have tried USB and PS/2 keyboards, no difference. Downloaded new driver but would not install. Can't find option to remove hardware, only add.

If you go to Control Panel- System- Hardware Tab- Device Manager- Expand Keyboard, you should have a keyboard icon- click this and above you will see Update Driver and Uninstall options. If you're going to uninstall make sure you're able to reinstall afterwards...

DeviceManager.jpg

Thank you all for your input od this problem. I have been working with DYN button on for a few days now and am doing fine, not a fix but an easy work around.