need help on installing a mac version autocad!!

anabel

@Tiger: Thanks because I was quite confused about that too...

@Dink87522: I sent email to the Dean office and they told me they don't have AutoCAD in the labs and they expect students to have the softwares in their own laptops .......but my school actually has pretty strong architecture/ landscape programs...

@f700es: I think there should be a way to trick it..But I dont think I can make it happen because I have no idea how to do it:(..one of the expert University techs wrote back to say that my computer would not be able to be upgraded. But I could run Bootcamp then install the AutoCAD version for Windows. For AutoCAD, the other option would be to buy a newer computer...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anabel

• f700es

• ReMark

• Organic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK if I am to understand this info is stored in the SMBIOS file and you might be able to use Pacifist - link - to help in the installation. If I get any more info I will pass along.

Also look at - link - OSx86 Tools Utility

Sean

OK I totally over looked something, your Mac has an Intel graphics card. This is the deal breaker for using CAD on this unit. If you must have a mac sell this one and buy a newer one does has a real graphics card or just get a PC (which will be less $$ and better for AutoCAD). If you go PC get a dedicated graphics card in your laptop.

A good choice that I would buy if I was in the market for a less expensive CAD laptop - link