Need help with an assignement.

Newguy

Hello, I am new to autocad and I need to finish an assignement for school but I don't even know where to start.

attachment.php?attachmentid=56395&cid=1&stc=1

If someone can do this for me and finds it easy I would really appreciate the help.

The layers are as follows

Axis lines - Dash dots, yellow, 0,35mm

The main line - continuos, red, 0,7mm

autocad.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Newguy

• RobDraw

• steven-g

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a sequence that might help. In the first four images anything that is not color red is really just temporary geometry. The last image in black and white is the final version.

NewGuy101.JPG

NewGuy102.JPG

NewGuy103.JPG

NewGuy104.JPG

NewGuy105.JPG

Some of the commands used were Line, Circle, Rectangle, Fillet, Rotate, Circle (with tan-tan-radius option; used in three locations), Trim and Copy. Look carefully at that square at the end and the lines going from corner to corner. Note that one of those lines is parallel to the long line that passes through the 40x60 rectangle in the middle of the sketch. That's important to note since the square, in my opinion, is rotated 6.8403 degrees.

Edited by ReMark

Look carefully at that square at the end and the lines going from corner to corner. Note that one of those lines is parallel to the long line that passes through the 40x60 rectangle in the middle of the sketch. That's important to note since the square is rotated 6.8403 degrees.

I don't get this. I did get the same angle as you for the rotation of the square but the 40x60 rectangle is at an angle of 50 degrees from the horizontal center line..

If you have a different solution please share it with us. I've only had two cups of coffee so far so I might not be firing on all cylinders yet. 3:30 a.m. comes awfully early in the morning. Don't understand why that is.:unsure::lol:

I think you are right but your explanation is off a bit. If one of the diagonals of the square is parallel to the horizontal center line, the sides would be at the 45s. I did have to make an assumption about the line coming off of the square, though. That is either parallel to the horizontal center line of the drawing or to the square. I think that is the only bit of missing information.

Part 1.jpg

I don't believe you have shown the square in the same orientation as depicted in the posted image by the OP. Take a closer look. It's possible that what I perceive to be a slightly askew square is a result of the way the OP created the image. That much I'll give you. The way you have shown it would definitely be much easier for a newbie to AutoCAD to construct the geometry.

The only way I can think of determining it, and obviously it would not be with 100% certainty, would be to create an image file and pull it into AutoCAD then using either the Scale with Reference option or the Align command to scale it. Now all you have to do is drop your drawing on top of it and compare.

On the face of it, I would be inclined to agree with ReMark's interpretation, as in the original post the horizontal line clearly bisects the small square. :beer:

Overlaying the image makes it look as if the square is at 45 degree angle to the horizontal center line.

What were you referring to with this?

since the square is rotated 6.8403 degrees.

If it was the real world and this dimension was mission critical the problem is a quality issue and requires a RFI, but given that this is for academia and they are vindictive, it is my suspicion that they are going to make it a gotcha.

Judging by the use of line weight to distinguish between construction/dimension lines (.3 mm) and object lines (.6 mm) (per ASME Y14.2 since this is academia) the proper conclusion is that the diamonds vertical line is perpendicular to the center line running through the object and this is why it extends to the diamond tip. This would mean that the diamond's lower left side is not necessarily collinear with the bottom line. ... I love me some BS lol

Really thank you all for the contribution, really appreciate the help. That you had the time to post here and explain it step by step is just amazing. Thank you all :)