Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. I am looking for a lisp that will allow me to convert survey figures to flat polylines. Currently I have to select them explode which makes 3dpolylines then convert to 2dpolylines. I then use the flatten command. I have tried making a lisp that uses (command "_explode") and (command "_flatten") and am having trouble getting them to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  2. OK, so I'm an experienced CAD user but have never had to do anything but draw by metes and bounds before, so I need some direction here. I am trying to draw the location of a proposed driveway in vanilla AutoCAD 2014 in such a way that I can bring it into QGIS and/or Google Earth and lay it right in to where it will be in real life. This is just an exhibit for a developer to approve a cross-access driveway, so it doesn't have to be precise or pretty. Here's what I (think I) know so far: - drawing units have to be set to metric - coordinate system of the other data I'm using from the local COG is Texas Central State Plane (UTM14) What else do I need to do to get started?
  3. Hello All, Having a hard time figuring best way to plot this deed. The many radiii are throwing me off and I end up with a triangle. Any help or tutorial would be greatly appreciated. Just need to unlock the first steps. I have done simple plans before, but this one is above my expertise. Here is the deed description: BEGINNING at a point on the Southeast side of James Road (50 feet wide) which point is measured on the arc of a circle curving to the left having a radius of 150 feet the arc distance of 91 feet 7 1/8 inches from a point is measured North 38 degrees 23 minutes 12 seconds East 538 feet from a point; which point is measured on the arc of a circle curving to the right having a radius of 20 feet the arc distance of 31 feet 5 inches from a point on the Northeast side of Thomas Avenue (64 feet wide) thence extending along the Southeast side of James Road along the arc of a circle curving to the left having a radius of 150 feet the arc distance of 72 feet 4 7/8 inches to a point on the Northeast side of James Road thence extending North 65 degrees 44 minutes 35 seconds East 128 feet 5 3/4 inches to a point, thence extending South 50 degrees 25 minutes 8 seconds East 218 feet 11 7/8 inches to a point, thence extending North 36 degrees 35 minutes 53 seconds West 273 feet 5 inches to a point on the Southeast side of James Road, the first mentioned point and place of beginning. Thanks. John
  4. I just have normal autocad 2016, nothing fancy like civil 3d. I was wondering, is there a way i can bring in a survey point data file (.txt or .asc) into Autocad. Maybe by something in program by default, or a 3rd party plug in that is compatible with autocad. I don't want to spend way more money for the Autocad civil 3d license.
  5. Hi. Is there a simple way to quickly draw a mesh out of the following splines created from a recent survey to represent a terrain. Note some data are missing. Thanks. Terrain.dwg
  6. Hi all, I am new to this site and I am an land surveyor using AutoCAD 2012. Just new to 2012 version, previously used 2005 version. My question is: Is it possible to (and how do I) create a 3D model of a ground surface from field survey data which has been collected. The data i have is currently in Leica GSI format, and has x, y and z coordinates. I can easily transfer this into a .csv file i necessary. Anyone any ideas? Much appreciated guys!