Typing in Caps

AQucsaiJr

When I am typing in ACAD I type in all CAPS, however if I go to another program, like E-Mail, I need to switch the caps off. Any one know of a program that will do this for me automatically so I do not have to remember to turn if on and off everytime I switch from ACAD to a program and back to ACAD again? I found a program called CapsWiz at MajorGeeks.com that works perfect for this, however it is a program you must purchace. I am not against purchasing it, as I belive credit should be given to thoughs who deserve it, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a free program because this does not seem like a very dificult task to accomplish and with CapWiz I would be also paying for a bunch of stuff I dont need or want that comes with it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AQucsaiJr

• StevenMc

• ReMark

• lpseifert

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.... I did not know there was an auto caps in ACAD... Thanks for the tip... I'll look into this.

It's an option found in the Mtext Text Formatting toolbar. Dbl-clk on a piece of Mtext, click on the down arrow.

I cant acually find this AutoCAPS in the help as a command. I found it in the text but it seems to require you to manually change the case from lower to upper on each line of text, if I am reading it correctly.

It's an option found in the Mtext toolbar. Dbl-clk on a piece of Mtext, click on thr down arrow.

so it has to be MText then.

i only use single line text.

Dang! well that fixes the problem with MTEXT but anyone know how to do it for single line text?

Caps Lock key.

Well I can't answer for others but my problem with it is most of my clients run ACAD 2000 or below and MTEXT does some funny stuff on there systems.

Why not use Mtext? I find that it is more versatile and easier to edit.

this is a very common disagreement in a lot of offices and general use of AutoCAD.

Caps Lock key works great, but when I start typing in a document or e-mail and don't think to turn off the Caps Lock key it is very aggravating to have to re-type it.

Caps Lock key.

thats the problem though he doesnt want to keep pressing the CAPS lock key everytime he switches from other programs to AutoCAD :?

hmm.... I did not know there was an auto caps in ACAD... Thanks for the tip... I'll look into this.

HAHA, I said the exact same thing when I read that! I need to find that feature! LOL

AutoCAPS in located under Options in multiline text. Upper right hand corner. Click the circle with the Down arrow in it.