• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloody Vampire

• ReMark

• shift1313

• Tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have moved your question to it's own thread - in the future, start a new thread for each new question.
oh sorry bro.

Maybe try using the LOFT command?

In 2010 how about using the new free-form design features that have been added?

can u elaborate step by step , i am a new cad user.:(

I would (elaborate) if I could but it is not a feature I use (no free-forms in chemical engineering unless you're a chemist). Noted AutoCAD author and guru Ellen Finkelstein may have something at her website.

I would (elaborate) if I could but it is not a feature I use (no free-forms in chemical engineering unless you're a chemist). Noted AutoCAD author and guru Ellen Finkelstein may have something at her website.

lemme check.

lol, not all cad experts are male mate. lol

Tiger will like that!

bro, homie, dude - I can take em all. Start calling me George, and I'll get offended though 8)

can you post a picture of a gunny bag. I dont know that i can picture what you want to draw.

I would just forget about it with 06 though. Loft and sweep are going to produce some nice surfaces and these features werent available until acad07. I would use 2010 if you have it.

can you post a picture of a gunny bag. I dont know that i can picture what you want to draw.

I would just forget about it with 06 though. Loft and sweep are going to produce some nice surfaces and these features werent available until acad07. I would use 2010 if you have it.

untitled.jpg

untitled.jpg

Soory about that BV. There one minute and gone the next. Try this one instead:

yeah the new link is working and i find it very useful for the users who are new to mesh modeling :thanks:

And thanks for calling me BV :twisted:, Its my famous nickname in this cyber world. :D

btw can u tell how to shade a solid gourauded in cad 2010,coz in VISULALSTYLES there is only Flat Shade option :(

Not satisfied with the available visual style then create your own using the Visual Styles command. Tools > Palettes > Visual Styles or type visualstyles at the command prompt. Be prepared to make a lot of choices.

that will be an extremely difficult thing to accurately model with something like autocad 2009 or older. I would draw half of the bag using cross sections. Basically make a profile of the seam. BUT Acad2010 has some really nice stuff added for you.

What I would do in ACAD 2010 is use the primitave modeling function that they now have. Start out with a rectangle and make like 6x4x10(l x w x h) and pull and tweak the faces.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=13779315

click on View Now where it says mesh modeling demo. This free form modeling type is how you create things in 3dstudio and probably the best way to achieve something like that. Trying to do this with lofts will never produce a realistic looking bag like the free-form method will.