3D Gunny bag

Bloody Vampire

that will be an extremely difficult thing to accurately model with something like autocad 2009 or older. I would draw half of the bag using cross sections. Basically make a profile of the seam. BUT Acad2010 has some really nice stuff added for you.

What I would do in ACAD 2010 is use the primitave modeling function that they now have. Start out with a rectangle and make like 6x4x10(l x w x h) and pull and tweak the faces.

click on View Now where it says mesh modeling demo. This free form modeling type is how you create things in 3dstudio and probably the best way to achieve something like that. Trying to do this with lofts will never produce a realistic looking bag like the free-form method will.

can u try it for me and post the image here ? pls :(

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloody Vampire

• ReMark

• shift1313

• Tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry but no. I havent yet activated acad 2010 at home and i just dont have the time in the near future. sorry.

The modeling approach is the same as most things in 3ds max so im sure you can find some good tutorials on this style of modeling. Did you watch that video i put a link to?