• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lurchandpasta

• ReMark

• Strix

• Delboyjoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with Laser about taking courses in school or community,but if you have problem going in to the school or community then that's fine but actual teaching of instructor much better.

Motherwell College - CAD HNC im starting it soon - entirely distance learning

I sincerely hope you read this before applying for your online course.

Some courses offer a certificate to say you have competed and completed their course, the certificate says nothing about how well you have done in it.

I disagree with these certificates due to the fact that one could compete and not pay too much attention, thus not have any idea of what they are doing and get the certificate to show that they have competed, but when it comes to the crunch, they end up loosing their job and it does not look good on their resume.

The course which I am doing thecci offers a certificate with your percentage pass mark, thus giving you a better chance of finding work.

I strongly recommend finding a course suitable for you that offers this type of certificate.

Yes, some courses just give one a "certificate of completion" based solely on occupying a seat and little else. They are sometimes referred to as seminars.:lol:

Some online courses do not give an actual grade or percentage but rather are pass/fail. You do not get that "piece of paper" if you fail. Therefore, you cannot go back to your company and try to get reimbursed for the cost of the course.

I have been on both types of courses. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

In all, for my life style, I prefer online courses. As a mother of 4 and working virtually full-time, I simply do not have the time one day and or evening a week to dedicate to going to class and learning. I have studied with the Open University and that gives some structure and deadlines to tasks and assignments, it also gives the advantage of virtual classrooms (peer and tutor support), and it means that I can sit down at my computer whenever I have free time and tackle the assignments, or read thru the course materials etc. This method suits me, but others may not like it at all.

I have also been in college as a student and lecturer of CAD, and it is sometimes difficult to find the time each week to dedicate to the learning, but the benefits are that you get "instant answers" to any queries either from your teacher, or your peers.

I suppose theres no right or wrong way of learning a new skill, you just have to make sure you pick the way that you find the best for you. (and that you choose a course that is suitable for your needs)

""I suppose theres no right or wrong way of learning a new skill, you just have to make sure you pick the way that you find the best for you. (and that you choose a course that is suitable for your needs)""

Agreed.

I wish I had more time to spend on the first part of the course that I chose, but I am able to complete the tasks faster and faster, so I am finding that I am able to do more as I am going along. The program just seems to get easier, although I know that there are much more complex commands waiting for me.

Motherwell College - CAD HNC im starting it soon - entirely distance learning

ME too, im paying for it entirely by meself unfortunately, we should keep in touch to see how we get on.

• 3 weeks later...

Over half way in the first part of the course, my results for the four competency test are as follows:

CT 1: Theory 100% Practical 100%

CT 2: Theory 100% Practical 100%

CT 3: Theory 90% Practical 95%

CT 4: Theory 90% Practical 100%

This first part of the course is based on 2D and is introducing me to new commands that both Mastering AutoCAD 2008 and the AutoCAD Bible did not teach throughout the entire section on 2D and advanced 2D.

glad to see that your doin well......

i have taken "online courses" in the past and cauld not seem to get motivated or even start on some stuff, but "to each his own"

In the beginning, it was difficult to get motivated, I just couldn't seem to get a routine going, but after the first 3 or 4 weeks, I started getting into it. At the moment I am studying about 3 hours a day, but will have to put more into it when I get to the second part of the course.

CT 5: Theory 100% Practical 100%

CT 6: Theory 100% Practical 100%

Making progress I see. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I have 10 out of 41 modules left to complete the first course on 2D, I have til the 19th of December to complete this, so for the next 2 weeks I want to breeze over everything that I have done so far (especially the last 5 modules) for memories sake.

I find that most of the commands are easier to follow in this course than what they were in the books.

The next course is on advanced 2D, so I will take longer to get through that one, then after that is the 3D course (can't wait).

CT 5: Theory 100% Practical 100%

CT 6: Theory 100% Practical 100%

CT 7: Theory 100% Practical 100%

CT 8: Theory 90% Practical 100%

This was the completion of the 2D course, I have not written the final exam yet as I still have till the 19th of December to do this. I requested the time to revise and my instructor has put me onto the 3D course to help with my revision as well as proceed with the next courses.

So far I have written 2 tests in the 3D section and the results are as follows:

CT 1: Theory 90% Practical 100%

CT 2: Theory 70% Practical 100%

My hands know what they are doing, but it takes a while for the brain to catch up.

I was going to attach a sample of some of the models that I am being instructed to create, but the file is too big for what I am entitled to upload, even after purging it.

• 1 month later...

I was going to attach a sample of some of the models that I am being instructed to create, but the file is too big for what I am entitled to upload, even after purging it.

You could post us a screen shot instead :thumbsup: just hit 'print screen', open paint, paste, save as, then upload here

sounds like you're doing really well on your course!

Here is the results of my 2D course now completed.

I removed the first post because I realised that I had forgotten to blank out my physical address.

Statement of marks Edited..jpg