XREFs

Nick-H-

I have inserted an XREF into a drawing and it comes in rotated about 50 degrees :x, but when i open the xref its not rotated.

How do i solve this?

Also is there a way of bringing in an XREF and making it all grey? without chaning all the layers

Nick

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-H-

• ReMark

• davebate

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I recall the External Reference dialog box looks very similar to the Block insertion dialog box in that the user can input a rotation angle in the dialog box or elect to Specify on-screen.

It doesn't matter what it is set to. As the user you can override it at the dialog box or enable Specify on-screen and set the angle when prompted upon insertion.

it will be a ucs problem from one drawing to another i think you can lock the layers of the xref and get them to gray that way but only on screen if i remember correctly ? using laylockfadectl

type uscicon inboth drawings that is if it is not allready dipladed

are they the same ie in modelspace of you x ref and model space or your drawing that you are inserting in to are they the same if not make them the same in your new drawing using ucs command

Per your AutoCAD Help file. Always a good place to start.

"There are two coordinate systems: a fixed system called the world coordinate system (WCS) and a movable system called the user coordinate system (UCS). By default, these two systems are coincident in a new drawing.

Normally in 2D views, the WCS X axis is horizontal and the Y axis is vertical. The WCS origin is where the X and Y axes intersect (0,0). All objects in a drawing file are defined by their WCS coordinates. However, it is usually more convenient to create and edit objects based on the movable UCS."

No problem. Take a moment open Help go to the Index tab and type in UCS Dialog Box. Look to the right. Click on the Concept tab.Read it. Then read it again. Return here with your questions if any.

Right read that and by typing plan, the UCS went back normal and them the drawing rotated to how it was in the XREF.

How to I find out what rotation the UCS was at?

it does not really matter if they where not the same you will have to rotate the xref in your drawing to suit ually we all work to the same world ucs over a project (everything drawn to real life coordinates) and a common world ucs use rotate and referance option to relocate the xref if you do not know the exact angle of rotation not the best way to work

Its getting to me now, I meaured the angle with a dimension and put the precision high, it says its 50 degrees, so i rotate, and grid line arent perfectley straight but when i draw a straight line and then dimesion it against a grid line it says its 90 degress, im confused