• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-H-

• ReMark

• davebate

Top Posters In This Topic

What angle type and precision are you using exactly?

Have you tried using the REFERENCE option of the Rotate command?

No ive not used that? how do I

Command: rotate

Current positive angle in UCS: ANGDIR=counterclockwise ANGBASE=0

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

Specify base point:

Specify rotation angle or [Copy/Reference] : r

Specify the reference angle : _nea Specify second point: _nea to

Specify the new angle or [Points] : this is the command line returns just type in rotate and follow the promts the reference angle can be any two points on the line the new angle just select the second line that you need to rotate to

I got the drawing opened and there is stuff everywhere. I reoriented the UCS too. Do I keep everything inside the yellow border and get rid of everything outside of it or what?

I used PURGE on it once and got the file size down from 5.65MB to 5.15MB.

Putting all layers on one layer is usually NOT a good idea. Why do you want to do that?

you can delete most stuff, all i need really is doors, walls, room names, gridlines, ceilings columns, just the general building. just so i can put ductwork in, domestic pipework, A/C, heating pipework etc...

just so it makes it easy when i use it as XREF so i dont have loads of layers i wont use, i try to get it down to just having these layers

BUILDING (Xref)

AC

AC Text

Vent

Vent Text

Heating

Heating Text

Domestic

Domestic Text

It probably would have helped if someone hadn't used so many nested blocks. Unbelieveable.

I'm going to have to go soon. I've been doing this since 5:30 a.m. Will pick up where I left off on Thursday morning. Nite all.

That's a nice short list of items to retain but after looking through all the layer names I notice your list is "generic" and does not match up with the layer names used. I really don't have the time or inclination to sort it all out. Sorry.

its ok, i spent about 3 hours stripping it down to about 4 layers had to copy it an put it in a new drawing

do now i have

building

ceiling

furniture

grids

also im looking at ordering a new graphics card and 2gb more ram, will that help me problem

this is the card

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-194-AS

As soon as I saw the website I thought "gamer". For your purposes it will be fine. I doubt it offers OpenGL 2.1 support. I'd have to check. I see it does offer DirectX 10 support.