Can someone tell me what this person is doing?

J S Machine

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• J S Machine

• stevsmith

• ReMark

• kencaz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can post a JPG if you'd like. There's been a thread about this with activity as recent as today. You'll find it contains at least three different ways of doing it.

See How to make a JPEG in CAD.

You can post a JPG if you'd like. There's been a thread about this with activity as recent as today. You'll find it contains at least three different ways of doing it.

See How to make a JPEG in CAD.

What is the differenca between posting a jpeg that autocad produces and me saving a screenshot and posting it through photobucket??

Well it isn't perfect, but this is what I ended up with. stevsmith - I'll see if I can figure out how to do that next.

roofextrude2.jpg

Obviously there is a valley right in the front of this illustration with no fall. I'm not an architect, but I would imagine that this would create a problem because rain and leaves and other misc stuff would collect right there and eventually rot the roof out. That would be a problem in a real house. I kept moving the solids around and it did some wild things. I finally came up with this.

Obviously there is a valley right in the front of this illustration with no fall. I'm not an architect, but I would imagine that this would create a problem because rain and leaves and other misc stuff would collect right there.

A gutter run or track would be introduecd if that were the case id imagine, but hey i'm no architect either. :D

At least your starting to pick up how to do the 3d. it just takes a bit of practice and a little push in the right direction sometimes. And that is why we are here.

Glad to see i helped you out a little anyway.

A gutter run or track would be introduecd if that were the case id imagine, but hey i'm no architect either. :D

At least your starting to pick up how to do the 3d. it just takes a bit of practice and a little push in the right direction sometimes. And that is why we are here.

Glad to see i helped you out a little anyway.

I'm trying to make changes to it but everything I do adversly effects another aspect of the roof. I'm learning a little at a time. I think I'll start on a small, not so complicated house.

I'm still trying to get used to the layers and all. I want to rename the first layer to foundation but it says that it cannot rename that layer. I guess I will just use 1 as my foundation layer.

I'm still trying to get used to the layers and all. I want to rename the first layer to foundation but it says that it cannot rename that layer. I guess I will just use 1 as my foundation layer.

You cannot rename the defpoints layer or the 0 layer.

You have to insert a new layer and then change the layers colours linetype etc.