plotting issues

dragonpace

We just moved from 2007 to 2010.

we never had any issues when plotting from 2007 (we are networked)

but now when we plot from 2010 it takes a good 3 or more minutes to get the plot dialog box to come up and then when it comes up it takes another 3 or more minutes to plot. It will eventually plot. What setting change the speed of this operation????

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragonpace

• ReMark

• RFCAD2319

• JG7308

Maybe turning off some of the bells and whistles will speed things up. What OS are you using? New releases tend to have a lot of "slow response" or "slow performance" issues when they first come out. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe people trying to run the software on marginal computers.

no improvment.... plots take a very long time not only to get to the preview plot box but to even just plot. I am having to run 2007 to plot now. Any other ideas??????????????????

2007 = no plot problems.

2010 = plot problems.

And, if I am correct, nothing but the software changed. Right? No hardware changes? No changes to the network? No OS changes? No other?

Well that just plain sucks. Upgrade to the latest/greatest version and basically get stopped dead in your tracks because of plotting issues.

What plotter are you using?

Ok

Here is some information for those that are using a Ricoh 240W wide format plotter. (Now not sure this is going to work just yet but will find out in a couple of days.) Ricoh has supplied a driver plot base 3.7 for autocad 2009. Not sure if it will work for autocad 2010. We currently are on plot base 3.3 which works just fine for autocad 2007. The company that we lease our plotter from will be bringing plot base 3.7 to our office in a couple of days. I contacted Ricoh and there is at this time no driver for 2010 and do not see this coming in the future. However they believe that this 3.7 driver should improve our plotting issue. (WE SHALL SEE AND KEEP YOU ALL INFORMED)

You're entirely welcomed. Wish I could have done more. Please consider posting a follow-up report about the plot base 3.7 and whether or not it solved your plotting problem. Did the person you spoke to give you any indication that you were not alone in having plotting issues with the Ricoh plotter and AutoCAD 2010?

When I spoke to Ricoh and the company that we lease the plotter from, they stated that there as of yet had been no issues brought up by others. However there had been with autocad 2009 thus creating the need for plot base 3.7. Again I will keep everyone that has been watching this issue in the loop and let all know how this ends up.

We encountered the same issue at our office only we use a Konica. We had 3 techs in our office at the same time and they came to the conclusion that it is indeed a driver issue. They're going to look into the problem for us but all we can do it wait until Konica get's their driver issue resolved.

Today 11/20/09

To: JG7308

Sorry to hear that you also have the same issue.

As of today we still have no real fix to our problem, however.....

plotbase 3.7 is not a fix. Ricoh does not plan to make an updated driver for this machine.

I down loaded an up dated (RW-240WP-pc3) driver and down loaded autocad's 2010-1 update. I went and set up a new plot page, selecting the RW-240WP-pc3 as my printer plotter. Seems to work a bit better but it is not totally reliable. If you like roulette you will like this. You will also have to do this for every drawing that you have.

I use a template for my drawing sets and this is a big headache.

I will keep this thread updated to any new developments.

Oh I will be testing a theory that the anti virus is possibly scanning Autcad 2010 files and drawings and maybe causing a slow down. I will be testing this on Monday.