• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragonpace

• ReMark

• RFCAD2319

• JG7308

Go to plotter manager, if you do not see your plotter loaded, select add a plotter wizard. Load your plotter and it should clear up your lag. I'm assuming when you loaded your 2010 software you did not load your plotter in the plotter manager. That is why it is probably lagging. I guessing but you probably have the plotter loaded on your system but not in the ACAD program. Just a guess on my part but try it..

• 2 weeks later...

I had this similar issue. I had an "Add Plotter Wizard" shortcut file in my plotters directory that was linking to addplwiz.exe in my AutoCAD 2008 directory. This must have been left over from when I migrated from AutoCAD 2008. For some reason this link had been broken. I removed the shortcut file and this solved my problem. I replaced the shortcut with the actual addplwiz.exe from the AutoCAD 2010 directory and now the plot window opens up immediately.

Now to let you all know how I finally got this thing to print.

step one..

open page set up under file

step two..

created a new page called arch d 2010 (there is a few minutes for this window to open)

step three..

installed a driver form ricoh called rw0240wp

step four..

selected this driver

step 5..

set this page as the current page

close dialog box

go to file

plot

and all is well.

The only down side to this is that we have to do this to all pre 2010 drawings. this will take time but it seems to work.

this driver was designed for auto cad 2008 and I had a very hard time finding it.

Ricoh does not stay on top of there drivers and do not plan to create any others for this wide format plotter. I think we will be in big trouble when we up date to autocads next and greatest version.

It's the old "good news - bad news" thing I see. You can finally plot now but the future looks pretty dim if and when you switch to a newer version of AutoCAD. Hope you get your money's worth out of the printer before consigning it to the electronic trash heap. There's got to be a better way. Think on this...you can probalby still find parts for a car that is 25 years old and find someone who knows how to fix it.

Thanks for the update.

Our Wide Format printer is only 3 years old and is over 10,000 dollars. But now that ricoh has no plans to update drivers leaves a sour taste in my mouth and in out pocket books. I do not usually steer others to diffrent products but I will today. I have heard great news about Kip Plotters so I would try them. They keep up with there software. They are high dollar units though. They sound worth it. Good luck out there and keep your fingers nimble.

to ReMark

at least a 25 year old car is good to look at, and can gain in value. This plotter on the other hand has never been nice to look at.......

We have a HP DesignJet 500+ (24") that we purchased in 2002. I have been able to plot from AutoCAD 2009 but have yet to try it with 2010. Hope it works. I'm still using the original drivers. Wonder how long that will continue to be the case.

To ReMark

I think that HP does a real good job at keeping drivers updated. I had never had a problem with them before. My company decided to give up there HP for this Ricoh machine. SSHHHHHH (i think this was a mistake) But who asked me anyway.

I miss using HP Plotters. The last office I worked at had a couple of them and one needed new driver but the other just kept working. When we needed the up date we had no problem getting it.

You may have to look into third-party printer/plotter drivers such as WinLine.

I have used WinLine plotter drivers from DownUnder. They only work with very certain and specific plotters. Much listed as compatible are older ink pen styles. Just because you got an XYZ to work with one before using a certain plotter language, does not mean the next similar plotter will work as good, for there may be internal differences then you do not know about. Was near useless to talk to them via telephone, for they "never tested" this or that XYZ plotter with some certain option on board it.

In round terms they were helpfull, but I still never heard the groan of the plotter taking off and going, for they never actually tested their software on mine.

Wm.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the same problem with the same plotter, Ricoh are releasing a new update for plotbase in January.

PLOTBASE|3 Version 3.7.1 SP4

RATIO announces the release of version 3.7.1 SP4 of RW-PLOTBASE for end of Q4/09. This new

version is available for Aficio 470, Aficio 240, Aficio 480, MP W2400, MP W3600

PLOTBASE 3.7.1 SP4 now offers

Extended OS Support - Server

o Windows XP SP3

o Windows Vista SP1

Extended OS Support – Clients

o Windows 2008 Server (Winprint)

o Windows XP SP3

o Windows Vista SP1

Extended AutoCAD support

o New “DWG Option” available supporting up to AutoCAD 2010 (LibCAD 2010)

o New “DWG/DXF/DWF Upgrade Option” available supporting up to AutoCAD

2010 (LibCAD 2010)

o New PLOTCLIENT|HDI available supporting up to AutoCAD 2010

Extended Adobe Engine

o The integrated Adobe Engine will be updated to the latest version