Different Dimension Scales On Same Project

Anestakos

So you have your dimension style already setup? Things like location and orientation of dimension text, arrow size/style (probably tick marks in your case), and options that control dimension and extension lines, etc.?

Just curious. Will you be plotting directly from model space or making use of a layout and viewport?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• AFitchguy07

• totzky

• erratic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have your dimension style already setup? Things like location and orientation of dimension text, arrow size/style (probably tick marks in your case), and options that control dimension and extension lines, etc.?

Just curious. Will you be plotting directly from model space or making use of a layout and viewport?

should be default settings. This is what it looks like right now: http://i46.tinypic.com/145u89.jpg

&& i don't know what plotting means.

Plotting, printing whatever you wish to call it is still hard copy output.

Will you be printing your drawing from model space or from a layout?

Note: Our company blocks access to tinypic so I have not seen any of your jpg files.

Plotting, printing whatever you wish to call it is still hard copy output.

Will you be printing your drawing from model space or from a layout?

Note: Our company blocks access to tinypic so I have not seen any of your jpg files.

i don't know enough about anything to know the benefits of either.

Let's back up a sec.

Do you have any training or experience what-so-ever in AutoCAD?

Do you have any training or experience in manual drafting?

Let's back up a sec.

Do you have any training or experience what-so-ever in AutoCAD?

Do you have any training or experience in manual drafting?

Not yet. I'm switching my major this spring or next fall. I used acad back in highschool but i don't remember much from it.

Now I kind of understand why our communication has been so difficult.

I apologize, haha. Like i said, if you think it may be easier to show me how to dim this thing, i can share my screen with you either via skype if you have it on work pc OR via web browser...

How about I send you a PM with my email address and you respond via email with a copy of your drawing attached?

No Skype here. Used to have it on home computer but my friend came back from China so I got rid of it.

okay that works... i don't know if i have PM privileges.. i tried to PM couple days ago and said i wasn't able to. I assume i have to have a certain number of posts.

Originally Posted by AFitchguy07 viewpost.gif

i can't draw in full size as i don't have a 25 foot monitor... so of course it's in scale... all i did was open acad, drew line and entered 25' and hit enter. then double clicked my wheel on mouse and that brought it into full view.

i didn't touch anything else...

:lol:

Forgive me but that has to be the funniest thing I've read possibly all year. Tell me you weren't being serious when you wrote that. You weren't, right?

:shock: I agree 100%...... that is too damn funny!!!! I really hope he was kidding...

i can't draw in full size as i don't have a 25 foot monitor... so of course it's in scale... all i did was open acad, drew line and entered 25' and hit enter. then double clicked my wheel on mouse and that brought it into full view.

i didn't touch anything else...

:lol:

Forgive me but that has to be the funniest thing I've read possibly all year. Tell me you weren't being serious when you wrote that. You weren't, right?

Pure Classic! :D