Angled line problem

phillyphantom

I am having an annoying problem in AutoCAD 2010 that started when I got a new computer here at work running windows 7 - 64 bit.

When I zoom in on a line drawn at an angle the line starts to change angle the farther I zoom in. The actual line doesn't change at all but it appears to on the screen. When I zoom back out everything is normal. I attached a few screen shots to help me explain. And there is no gap in between the lines as it doens't matter if I use snaps to connect lines.

picture 1.jpg

Picture 1 shows a angled line and a straight line that connect.

picture 2.jpg

Picture 2 - I have now zoomed in on the intersection and a gap appears due to the angled line changing.

picture 3.jpg

Picture 3 shows that when I select the area where the angeled line actually is, the line gets selected and shows up back in its correct spot as seen in Picture 4

picture 4.jpg

Sorry if there is a thread on this somewhere as I didn't even know what to search for.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• phillyphantom

• Dana W

• Coosbaylumber

I think much of this Viewing situation, has to do with what exact video driver and board is being used. Then on a secondary situation as to which exact OS is being used and the parameters about there.

Wm.

I think much of this Viewing situation, has to do with what exact video driver and board is being used. Then on a secondary situation as to which exact OS is being used and the parameters about there.

Wm.

I might agree with the first statement but definitely not with the second.

Alright. Well I'm running AutoCAD 2010 as well at the moment. I'll have to see if I can duplicate the situation on my system.

It's a regen issue.. check the REGENAUTO command and turn it on.

If you regen when you're zoomed in, you'll see it repair itself. For some reason you're not automatically regenerating your drawing.. maybe due to a command running when you zoom in? Or possibly because of having the Regenauto setting to "off".

I tried the regenauto command but that didn't seemed to do anything. Here are a couple more examples

picture 1.jpg

This is what it looks like regularly

picture 2.jpg

Now this is zoomed in. Notice the solid line appears to turn into a hidden line which is not correct as well. Also two red lines dissappeared.

I am also getting an issue with construction lines which I think is the same problem. When I select a point and then start to rotate the construction line to select another point, the construction line appears to be rotating on a different point. Here are the examples

picture 3.jpg

Normal construction line

picture 4.jpg

This is what happens when I start to rotate the construction line to specify the through point. The line as you see no longer intersects the first point that I specified(in actuality it does but it appears not to)

What ever the problem is, I am sure that it is causing all these issues. I tried updating my drivers but windows said that my videocard drivers are up to date.

Draw some large circles. If they are not skewed, then the monitor setup is probably OK.

I have a 24" WFP monitor that says it is 1080p. My max res setting in my card control dialog goes up to 1680 x 1050, which is the monitor's NATIVE res.

Make sure your res is set to the mfg suggested Native res. It has to be for AutoCAD to work on a wide format flat panel monitor.

AND somewhere in your video card dialog you should be allowed to select for LOCKED aspect Ratio. You have to do that too.

What's with the Directx control? Is that your video card software?

I would use whatever software the mfg supplied. In my case, it's Nvidia.

OK,

Dx comes with AutoCAD (and nearly everything else with a GUI) and is installed, but I have no control dialog for it nor can I find one.

My resolution was the reccommended one, and circles seemed to work fine. As for locking the aspect ration, I haven't found that yet

My resolution was the reccommended one, and circles seemed to work fine. As for locking the aspect ration, I haven't found that yet

Look in control panel device manager for the monitor and/or display adapter. There should be some sort of dialog box to monkey around with. That's where I found my controls.

It looks to me like your aspect ratio is changing when you zoom, with the shortest lines affected the most, but I could be all wet.

I haven't found anywhere to change it yet but I will keep looking. I found something in the Catalyst control center about maintaining aspect ratio but it was grayed out.

Can you post the drawing please? After someone has taken a look at it we'll know if it is the drawing itself or something gone awry with your system.

Your monitor uses OSD (On Screen Display) to change settings right?