Bottle Model

zeekay

Cad64: Thanks for comments

i am student my here in pakistan no one organization registered on that site and Jd mathe : Remark : Dtaylor these guy are the my instructor and gimme many new things

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zeekay

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• dtaylor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally I model this bothe from the help of surface modeling Or you can say its a Hollow bottle and no thickness.

But i can model like Solid. I wanna do in solid bcoz surface bottle did'nt give me massprop exactle which i want to calculate in ml

Final1.jpg

final2.jpg

Finally I model this bothe from the help of surface modeling Or you can say its a Hollow bottle and no thickness.

But i can model like Solid. I wanna do in solid bcoz surface bottle did'nt give me massprop exactle which i want to calculate in ml

[ATTACH]23149[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23150[/ATTACH]

really i need the steps and all calculation to do this bottle

if any one can do this i will be so greatful to him

Down and dirty (not based on any real-world dimensions). Widemouth bottle. Yes, it is a 3D solid. Created using a profile that was Revolved. Took about 5 minutes (maybe less). It's round. Add another minute for a lemon shaped one.

Widemouth bottle.jpg

Yes, I know your version was a Surface. I thought you were inquiring about how to do it as a Solid. I also thought someone already explained how to achieve the lemon shape. What am I not understanding here? Please enlighten me. Thank you.

Yeh i know Dtaylor and Remark are reply from the 1st post and tech me the septs but really i done these steps very sharply but i faild to make solid lemon shape bottle.

I Can post again the Working drawings. i faild to do this on solid.

I can't figure out where you are running into a problem not with the directions some members have supplied.

I am not at my CAD computer now but on Friday morning, when I am, I'll see if I can come up with some sort of demo unless someone else beats me to it.

Solid Demo - Image 1

Zeekay:

For my demo I used an ellipse but the same techniques could be used for a lemon shape.

And before anyone gets all worked up about the method used I offer this caveat. This is but one way to achieve the results. I'm positive there are at least two other ways of doing the same thing, more efficiently or with different commands. There you go. Satisfied?

In the first image, starting from the left, I've drawn my ellipse (Pellipse=1). Next I trim half of it away. I create my polyline profile (in black). I offset my profile (in this case the distance, in inches, is 0.007) and attach a small polyline to each end and use the Pedit command to join everything together. New profile now shown in red. Finally, I reposition this profile in relationship to my intended path.

Solid_demo_1.jpg

Solid demo - Image 2

There are three solids in this image.

The first one consists of the red profile that was "swept" along the path of one-half of an ellipse.

The middle solid was created by using the mirror command on the first object. The mirrored object is shown in blue. I then added an extruded (0.007") ellipse (shown in green) to fill in the hole.

The last solid is shown upside-down so you can better visualize the bottom. At this point we could use the Union command to make all three solid objects one entity.

Solid_demo_2.jpg

Note: If we invoke the Massprop command and select the first half of our object (red) AutoCAD returns:

Mass: 0.5988

Volume: 0.5988

Edited by ReMark

Ur Technique is great and thanks for making this wonderfull tutorial

but i can see this is not full filled with solid you offset the path 0.007" thats why its not full filled solid. you done with the eclips but my version of drawing is not eclips i'll post Dwg.

Umer(Working).dwg

zeekay:

How do I put this nicely? Let's see. Oh, I know. I think you are wrong.

The object I created is a 3D solid. There is no "hollow" space between the inner and outer wall.

And, yes, for the second (if not third time) I know you used a lemon shape. I did not use a lemon shape because it has no bearing on the technique demonstrated.

Edited by ReMark

The object below was created in much the same way as the last one I made. A profile was made using a single polyline that was then offset and joined at both ends with a short, horizontal polyline. The full profile, shown in red, was swept around a half circle shown in blue. The resultant object was copied and a single horizontal cut line, in magenta, was added. I used the Slice command with the XY option to slice the object. Unless my new prescription glasses were made using the wrong lenses the object looks plenty solid to me and AutoCAD identifies it as a solid. If I had made the object using surfaces then I would agree the space between the outside and inside faces would be hollow. I hope this clears up any confusion on your part zeekay.

Sliced through Solid.jpg

zeekay:

For your education. The image below was made by extruding two separate polylines, one red and the other blue, along a "path" defined by the arc (black). As one can clearly see there is a void between the two surfaces. This is why I did not use this technique creating my two previous images. It would be considered "hollow". Do you understand the difference now?

Surface construction.jpg

Note: If we invoke the Massprop command and select the above objects AutoCAD responds: No solids or regions selected.

Comments? I'm not looking for comments but thanks anyway. I'm hoping you'll finally understand the difference between using solids and surfaces. I'm also hoping you'll recognize that just because a profile is created using the offset command that it doesn't necessarily mean the wall of any given object is going to be hollow when I've shown that it is possible to have it be solid through-and-through and for the Massprop command to be able to derive useful information from it.

What am I missing here? Why does it seem impossible to the last two posters above to model the bottle as a solid? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks.

thank u so much .... for your aids...dear