fast way to spline whole drawing

gargoyle27

so i have a file of a design that needs to get burnt on our burn table but on closer inspection the design is a series of straight lines instead of curves, the only way i can think to smooth it out would be to basically draw it again but using a spline between each connection, but that would mean basically drawing the whole thing again, is there another way or a faster way this can be done? the concern is that it's getting burnt out to be about 100x20" and the straight lines may become obvious

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanjt

• Jack_O'neill

• gargoyle27

• Wilbri

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, those are odd.

Execute BPoly and pick a point within the closed areas (for this it would be three areas) and it will create the needed closed LWPolylines.

Pardon my naivity here.

Was the drawing produced using lines and curves or polylines?

The reason for this question is that I was not aware that it was possible to convert lines to polylines using PEdit command

*shrug* i didn't want to be sexist, carry on
No worries. :)

Pardon my naivity here.

Was the drawing produced using lines and curves or polylines?

The reason for this question is that I was not aware that it was possible to convert lines to polylines using PEdit command

That's one of the main purposes of PEdit.

I am using 2007 and am unable to achieve a result using PEdit>Join or Fit using the drawing supplied.

Selected PEdit, select crossing section to include all components, then J,or F, NO GO! Asking me to select a polyline which does not exist.

Do I need to alter some variable perhaps?

I am using 2007 and am unable to achieve a result using PEdit>Join or Fit using the drawing supplied.

Selected PEdit, select crossing section to include all components, then J,or F, NO GO! Asking me to select a polyline which does not exist.

Do I need to alter some variable perhaps?

It won't on that drawing - going to do a little digging tonight as to why.

Try it on a different one.

I've been playing around with the drawing, and I can't get it to joiin either. It's made up of 1174 closed polylines. I tried exploding them, and then joining them again and it caused a fatal error...the first I've seen in 2010. something about that shape autocad just don't like.

i don't know where it came from, we just have a folder full of designs like that for windows and gates etc.

Ah, just wondering. It is a very nice pattern, in any case.

You can Pedit and Open them. Then Join them.

Spline may make any points into curves, which may not be desired.

It looks like it was done on some other program and imported because it's not symmetrical.