fast way to spline whole drawing

gargoyle27

You can Pedit and Open them. Then Join them.

Spline may make any points into curves, which may not be desired.

It looks like it was done on some other program and imported because it's not symmetrical.

That worked. Thanks. Why didn't I think of that? Must be slipping in my old age.

it is still a cool pattern in any case.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanjt

• Jack_O'neill

• gargoyle27

• Wilbri

Top Posters In This Topic

A curious drawing. Each straight line segment is a closed polyline, which closes on itself :cry: So no wonder Pedit did not work as it cannot join closed polylines.

The way to go is to explode everything, then use Overkill to get rid of all the duplicate lines. Now Pedit works :D

A curious drawing. Each straight line segment is a closed polyline, which closes on itself :cry: So no wonder Pedit did not work as it cannot join closed polylines.

The way to go is to explode everything, then use Overkill to get rid of all the duplicate lines. Now Pedit works :D

Nice work, Eldon.

Overkill? whazzat?

Overkill deletes redundant lines / objects. Express tools I think.

Yes...I found it. Express-modify-delete duplicate objects. 2010 has a little cartoon broom next to it. Did not know that was there. How that escaped my attention, I don't know. Been using AutoCAD since release 9, but if I've seen it, it didn't stick.

Thanks for the tip. There's always something new to learn, just gotta be on the lookout for it.

Yes...I found it. Express-modify-delete duplicate objects. 2010 has a little cartoon broom next to it. Did not know that was there. How that escaped my attention' date=' I don't know. Been using AutoCAD since release 9, but if I've seen it, it didn't stick.

Thanks for the tip. There's always something new to learn, just gotta be on the lookout for it.[/quote']

Been there since r14 Bonus Tools. 8)

Been there since r14 Bonus Tools. 8)

These things happen when you just run round in your little maze every day. Worked for 3 dinosaur companies that actually discouraged looking for new ways to do things. Spent 13 years at one (not doing cad the whole time, bout half), 5 at another, and a year at the other one. They had thier little ways of doing things, and were very resistant to changing anything. There's the right way, the wrong way and the company way. After a while, the hassles involved with thinking outside the box in the big dinosaur companies are not worth the effort, so tunnel vision develops. Don't let this happen to you!:lol:

These things happen when you just run round in your little maze every day. Worked for 3 dinosaur companies that actually discouraged looking for new ways to do things. Spent 13 years at one (not doing cad the whole time' date=' bout half), 5 at another, and a year at the other one. They had thier little ways of doing things, and were very resistant to changing anything. There's the right way, the wrong way and the company way. After a while, the hassles involved with thinking outside the box in the big dinosaur companies are not worth the effort, so tunnel vision develops. Don't let this happen to you!:lol:[/quote']I totally understand.

I was just joshing you on it's existence, there's plenty of old commands that I learn about and go "I can't believe this has been around so long."

I totally understand.

I was just joshing you on it's existence, there's plenty of old commands that I learn about and go "I can't believe this has been around so long."

Oh yeah...I knew you were. No problems there my friend.

It is really easy to become complacent too...you learn a way that works so you keep doing it. And if you never need something like overkill, even if you stumble across it at some point, 5 years from now when you need it again, you may not think of it anyway. "In one ear and out the other" as my mother used to say.

Oh yeah...I knew you were. No problems there my friend.

It is really easy to become complacent too...you learn a way that works so you keep doing it. And if you never need something like overkill' date=' even if you stumble across it at some point, 5 years from now when you need it again, you may not think of it anyway. "In one ear and out the other" as my mother used to say.[/quote']Very true. At every job I work, I try and encourage the CAD users to post cool tips to our eMail group.