• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• The Buzzard

• ttray33y

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not looking to add wipeouts to this program. I suggested you could add a wipeout to your block definitions if you wanted that result.

Dear Lee Mac Sir

Thx For Reply

First they ask then they start demanding.

Dear Sir Remark

I'm Not Demanding of lisp,

i'm only asked it's possible or not

i'm learning autolisp program but my English is very poor

Anything is possible with enough time and effort. Since Lee gave you a head start why don't you take a crack at adding the feature that you want and then share it with us?

Anything is possible with enough time and effort. Since Lee gave you a head start why don't you take a crack at adding the feature that you want and then share it with us?

Dear Sir,

Thx for u r suggeation & time

Thats is probably the most versatile Block/Line break program I have seen so far. Great Work!

Thanks Buzzard! :)

As I say, I've seen quite a few of these - some using invisible attributes to determine the break points, others require the break points to be selected manually - I wanted to aim for a program with minimal prompts and maximum genericity, so developed the algorithm to determine the break points automatically - this method is described in more detail on my site.

Glad you like it :)

Lee

Thanks Buzzard! :)

As I say, I've seen quite a few of these - some using invisible attributes to determine the break points, others require the break points to be selected manually - I wanted to aim for a program with minimal prompts and maximum genericity, so developed the algorithm to determine the break points automatically - this method is described in more detail on my site.

Glad you like it :)

Lee

Yes, I was reading that on your site, But for a user to just use the program as is without having to make adjustments or create special blocks is a big deal alone. Thats why its is so versatile. You can use it with practically any block.

Yes, I was reading that on your site, But for a user to just use the program as is without having to make adjustments or create special blocks is a big deal alone. Thats why its is so versatile. You can use it with practically any block.

Hopefully yes! Thanks mate :)

Lee,

This is might be a version thing. I tested in 2009 and all is OK. When I test in the same manner in 2004 I get thiis error:

** Error: Automation Error. Description was not provided. **

When I browse for the block and insert it, The block inserts, But does not break the line and the above error shows at the prompt.

Lee,

This is might be a version thing. I tested in 2009 and all is OK. When I test in the same manner in 2004 I get thiis error:

** Error: Automation Error. Description was not provided. **

When I browse for the block and insert it, The block inserts, But does not break the line and the above error shows at the prompt.

Thanks for your testing :)

Would you know at which line the code throws the error?

To find out:

• Open ACAD, type VLIDE at the command line
  • Open my program
  • Go to Debug >> Break on Error (ticked)
  • Load the program (Ctrl+Alt+E)
  • in ACAD: Run the program
  • in VLIDE: Debugs >> Last Break Source

The erroneous line should be highlighted :)

The portion of the code highlighted in red below:

(princ "\n** Error Inserting Block **")
       (progn (setvar 'INSNAME block)
         (if curve
           (progn
             (vla-put-InsertionPoint (setq obj [color=red](vlax-ename->vla-object ent)[/color]) (vlax-3D-point (trans pt 1 0)))

Ooo! that's odd - I wasn't expecting it to fail there - that is quite a simple call just to convert the block entity into a VLA-Object to work with. Hmmm... is there anything special about the block you are using?

Ooo! that's odd - I wasn't expecting it to fail there - that is quite a simple call just to convert the block entity into a VLA-Object to work with. Hmmm... is there anything special about the block you are using?

I just created a block called CIR which is only a circle. I placed it on my desktop and browsed for it using your program. As I said before it inserts, But does not break the line.

I just created a block called CIR which is only a circle. I placed it on my desktop and browsed for it using your program. As I said before it inserts, But does not break the line.

I see - I'm currently stumped as to why the code would fail at the line you indicated is all. :geek:

How come you no longer have your version of 2004?

I recall you liked that version alot.

It pays to hold on to an older version for situations like this.

I went through similar problems before with version related issues.

You're right, I did used to like 2004 when compared to 2005-7, but I think I have found a definite new favourite in 2010 - I have really grown to like it.

If you upgrade a commercial license, you can't keep older versions (with the exceptions outlined in the subscription T&C), so that may be the reason.

Not sure about NFR's distributed to registered developers.

You're right, I did used to like 2004 when compared to 2005-7, but I think I have found a definite new favourite in 2010 - I have really grown to like it.

Maybe someone at the Swamp has an old version and can test this senario for you and give you some indication as to what is going on.

• 8 months later...

I have updated this program to Version 1.3.

This update implements a complete change to the method used to detect intersections between the inserted block and surrounding objects, improving program performance.

The new version of the program will now exclude attributes from the trimming operation, and will trim objects surrounding blocks whose insertion points do not lie on a curve object (in previous versions such objects were not trimmed).

Finally, a new command: 'ABBS' (AutoBlockBreakSelection) has been added to allow users to make a selection of multiple blocks to be processed by the AutoBlockBreak subfunction.

The latest version can be found in the first post of this thread, or on my site here.

Enjoy!