Dimension Problem

That drawing was so @%#^#^& might as well start over from the beginning.

I sometimes wonder how they can get messed up like that. I've run across stuff like this many times over the years, and sometimes its just one line or circle that's way off.

I did run across a guy one time that had a unique way of drawing. He would do 2D drawings in 3 dimensions. If he were drawing a house for instance, and drew the north elevation first, that would be at zero z in the world ucs. To draw the west elevation, he would put a ucs rotated 90° about the Y axis with its origin at the bottom corner of the north elevation, draw the west elevation, and proceed all the way around the house like that. Floor plan was done the same way, as were any interior elevations. If there were multiple floors, they'd be stacked on top of each other however far apart the floors were. When you turned on all the layers, it kinda looked like a 3d wireframe drawing. It was wierd to say the least and caused anybody working behind him all sorts of grief.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jack_O'neill

• ReMark

• SLW210

• dane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much everyone. It's been a while since I've seen such helpful people on a forum. Very refreshing.

Good lord!!!. The dimension problem is the least of your issues. I unfroze a bunch of layers in order to find out why zoom extents showed so much blank model space and was agast at what I found. I am not sure what I see, but it ain't real good.

Haha, well spotted. I've cleaned that up and got my hands on Superflatten. It's worked a treat. I'll be sure to start with a clean drawing next time and hopefully won't make such a mess of it.

Thanks so much everyone. It's been a while since I've seen such helpful people on a forum. Very refreshing.

Haha, well spotted. I've cleaned that up and got my hands on Superflatten. It's worked a treat. I'll be sure to start with a clean drawing next time and hopefully won't make such a mess of it.

Working with LT is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. :) I am surprised that my guess about the third axis was close.

"You call that a knife? THIS is a knife." Crocodile Dundee

Dana: Maybe it's time for a bigger knife.

Most certainly is, but the other 3 grand is not handy at the moment.