Extruding solid mode

Bob Foley

Not sure, 3D I think. I don't keep track when I drive, sorry. I know it appeared, i switched workspaces and it persisted.I try everything to get the job done faster. Then I Googled and ended up here. I read the thread which put me on the right track, and then saw the underscore _MO ref in a line above my command...I tried it and it worked. Once specified, it remained pretty set all over it seems.

I use the command line more now again (I'm an AutoCAD 10 starter - old habits) because the Home ribbon doesn't have the Navigate and Visual Styles panels included any more and dragging them off the View ribbon onto my drawing (which I do now) clutter things up a bit....and they won't dock onto the Home ribbon when I drag them there in an on-the-fly customization...why not? It's the 21st century...its just software...why is it not 'easy'. Neither will they dock to the sides to start a new ribbon either...tks tks tks. All this insane amount of clicking to get something done is counter-productive I think.

Oh, and the whole caboodle crashes in DView when you switch from PO to CA to DV to Z...GONE! not responding! Is this a memory thing?

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• Bob Foley

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont know if this has been fixed yet but I find that in 2012 if you switch to 3d modeling workspace and switch to solid tab and Extrude from there before switching back to any other workspace, it will default back to solid mode. Same thing will happen if you extrude within the surface tab then the default will be set to surface mode.

Not sure, 3D I think. ...

Trivially easy enough to check.

Gear looking icon upper left or lower right of screen lists the Workspaces.