Inventor Drawing Files linking with BMP images

Ricardo Diez

Hi All

not so much of a problem now, but im wondering if anyone else has experienced this and could explain how it might have happened.

i was updated two sets of drawing border templates for Inventor 2010, im still trying to entice the rest of the design team to use vault......its a scary concept for some, theyve only been using inventor for 4 years. newho :?

the first border before any changes were made, we tried to put into vault, only to find 5 or 6 bmp image files associated with it. the bmp files didnt actually exist and i ended up having to remake the template (not such a bad thing because it was badly out of date and was easier from scratch than moding):ouch:

the 2nd template file we used regulary and had been putting it into vault with no problem. The only change i had done was to create a new sketched symbol that was our company logo and address to replace our old one. the sketched symbol didnt have any images associated with it or inserted (the logo was created using hatching) but when we came to check the file into vault, it had these 5 - 6 bmp files linked to it preventing it from going in.:x

is there a way to break the links in 2010? i spoke to someone with 2011 who could do it easily......but then i couldn't use the files :glare:

Cheers

R.D

• 1 year later...
Hi All

is there a way to break the links in 2010? i spoke to someone with 2011 who could do it easily......but then i couldn't use the files :glare:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?