change text height in style, don't work

khoshravan

I have a topography drawing with lots of numbers in it. Plotting in A3 paper, doesn't show the numbers.

I tried to change the height of numbers globally through the style command. The present height is 0.3. I change it to 6 but nothing happens in the monitor. However when I change the oblique angle, I can see the effect on the monitor.

BTW the style name is "standard" and fonta name is: txt.shx

Am I doing something wrong?

How can I change the height for whole numbers in one step?

1.jpg

Exploded AEC contours from C3D? I don't think you can change their height globally after-the-fact. I'd use QSELECT or SELECTSIMILAR and change all their height properties via the properties palette.

Exploded AEC contours from C3D? I don't think you can change their height globally after-the-fact. I'd use QSELECT or SELECTSIMILAR and change all their height properties via the properties palette.

I have got this file from another colleague so I don't know how he has drawn this. So your first sentence was odd to me. AEC?! C3D?!. What do they stand for?

selectsimilar is not a CAD command. Is it?

Qselect is a good way to choose all numbers, but after that I tried few options but result weren't good. I think I have to define a good style for numbers to have good visibility in a dense drawing. Can somebody help me with this issue?

DO NOT change the height of text with STYLE. This will lock the height to whatever it was drawn at for existing text and the size you have set for future text. SELECTSIMILAR is a new command so you are left with QSELECT and the properties palette, AFTER you have turned the text height back to 0.

DO NOT change the height of text with STYLE. This will lock the height to whatever it was drawn at for existing text and the size you have set for future text. SELECTSIMILAR is a new command so you are left with QSELECT and the properties palette, AFTER you have turned the text height back to 0.

So what is your suggestion for making the numbers be readable, if you don't recommend to change it with style?

I didn't say not to use style, just don't use style to change the text height.

I would QSELECT all the numbers and change their height using the properties palette, as both nesty and myself have suggested previously.

ِDear dbroada

Thanks. Qselect solved the height problem of numbers.:)

1- Still numbers appear thick and I want to change the thickness.

This will lock the height to whatever it was drawn at for existing text and the size you have set for future text.

Sorry if this sounds rude:oops:, but I couldn't understand what you mean by above sentence. Do you mean if new texts are added they will differ in height from former text and it will be impossible to make them same height?

... and the properties palette, AFTER you have turned the text height back to 0.

What do you mean by: turn back the text height back to 0? When did we change the height to zero in your reply?

One more question

Although by qselect I am able to change the height but what if I want to change the thickness of the text? The line weight in layer manager has "default" value but seems thicker than normal in the monitor.

You keep talking about the "thickness" of the text. Isn't this a feature of whether or not the font is regular or bold?

What font is being used anyway?

You keep talking about the "thickness" of the text. Isn't this a feature of whether or not the font is regular or bold?

What font is being used anyway?

Style: sTandard

font name: txt.shx

I will answer the rest tomorrow morning.

Perhaps the style is txt.shx, but from the screencap, I have my doubts that the font on the contours is actually txt.shx.

Post a portion of the drawing if possible.

Perhaps the style is txt.shx, but from the screencap, I have my doubts that the font on the contours is actually txt.shx.

I tried to upload the file but I failed. I will try later but in one of my previous posts I have sent the jpeg of my file.

AFTER you have turned the text height back to 0.

I read the help file for style and find out that the default value for height is 0.

I thought he number will show the exact height so the smaller number is smaller height and zero is zero height but apparently it is not like that.

Sorry

Here I upload the file in question.

TOPOGRAPHY 2 -2008.dwg

First of all Style only sets up the size of text for future text, so is no good for dealing with existing text, although changing the oblique angle and width do alter current text - seems to be illogical.

If you list a text, you will find that it is all Mtext and not text, so that might be why your Quick Select is not working.

All the spot elevation text is on layer 0, so I altered the text in two steps (I expect there is a way of doing it in one, but as it only took a minute, and worked, I didn't bother to go any further.

First I did the Quick Select for Mtext, and in the Properties box, I changed the Height to 0.75, and all the contour text changed. Then I changed layer to 0 and froze all other layers. Selected everything (which was only the Mtext) and again changed the Height to 0.75. Job done. :D

BiggerTxt.jpg

First I did the Quick Select for Mtext, and in the Properties box, I changed the Height to 0.75, and all the contour text changed.

Up to here, every thing is OK.

Then I changed layer to 0 and froze all other layers. Selected everything (which was only the Mtext) and again changed the Height to 0.75. Job done. :D

Why this step is necessary as you have changed the height in the first step?

It was just me. I am not too experienced with Quick Select, and failed to see that I could set the Operator as Select All. When I did that, all Mtext was selected.

The contour text is coloured Bylayer and was 0.38 high, and the Spot Elevation text was coloured White and had a height of 0.3, so I should have checked on the Operator. I have learned something today. :D