• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miedy12

• ReMark

• f700es

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JD plss help me im newbie in autocad but this is my finals project in school even in youtube or google i cant find a tutorial. plss help me guys

Yes it was an offset and then I did a trim to connect the lines and then a pedit to connect and join them.

Here is the image I used.

wheels1.gif

I used the left image. Brought it into Acad. Scaled it to be close to scale as possible. Drew a line on the wheel profile and then offset, trim, pedit. Used the dims on the image to get my center line, offset 1.39 from the wheel edge.

lol i messed my rim. due to lack of dimesion cant figure out how to make a perfect dimension or lenght or width :(

You are making it too complex. Just trace over the lines and make it close enough.

drawing.jpg

hey f7 i made it it seems pefrect or close enough i traced it. im in the process in making a innards part right now. im going to test

Start by clicking on the Go Advanced button and look for the Paperclip icon. Find and upload your file (there are size limitations). Then insert into your new post.

Remember that you need a line offset from the center-edge to use as a revolve center line. Look at my original images on page 1.

Edit: No need to post the dwg a jpg will be fine for right now ;)

Pretty cool stuff guys. But do some youtube searches on this topic and you will be amazed what you will find. I saw one recently and although the author used 3dsMax it was a mind blower to watch how quickly and accurately he laid out and then rendered a very complex rim and tire. I don't have the link but just do some searches on youtube and you'll find more than enough for creative thinking.

thanks for your help guys im tired almost 24 hours still dont know what to do :( ima going to back tomorrow f7 if you dont mint how to add tire on that RIM?

You don't necessarily need a written tutorial. Take some notes. Use the pause button. Replay the video until you understand what is being done and why. If you can talk and text on your cell phone while doing something else (let's hope it is not driving) then you can surely master taking notes while watching a video.