show endpoints while drawing

I'm wondering if there's a way to make endpoints visible on selected lines/polylines while drawing new lines/polylines or running other routines... Anyone?

Maybe it sounds a bit useless to you, but it could really help me out here. Thanks!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• f700es

• Jack_O'neill

• jrn

Top Posters In This Topic

You could enable BLIPMODE but I know of no one who actually uses it any more.

Anyway, you should really be using OSNAPS for accuracy in making your picks. Are you?

Thanks.

hmm... BLIPMODE or 'BLIPMODE returns the message: unknown command

Im running Autocad Architecture 2012, and I can also see the description of the commands in help menu.

Yes, I couln't work without OSNAPS.

(I'm so annoyed by drawings made without accuracy - even when I know it's way under the normal given tolerances on the construction site :))

Maybe you should update your profile since you aren't using AutoCAD 2009.

Just checked my plain vanilla 2012 version of AutoCAD. From AutoCAD Help file...

Command entry: 'blipmode for transparent use.

BLIPMODE

This system variable has the same name as the BLIPMODE command. Use the SETVAR command to access this system variable.

"0" turns them off while "1" turns them on.

Ha, ha, ha. They didn't go away after all!

Maybe I'm confused, but unless you've got a bunch of lines stuck end to end or overlapping each other, the end point is gonna be where the line ends, right?

Blipmode will drive you nuts. It doesn't really show the ends of a line, but where you clicked....for any reason. Draw a crossing or selection box, you get 2 blips. Offset a line, you get a blip where you picked the one to offset, and where you picked to indicate direction. You end up with a screen full of blips after while, which disappear immediately upon zooming or doing anything that makes the screen refresh. Its the most useless thing they ever programmed in.

Thanks.

hmm... BLIPMODE or 'BLIPMODE returns the message: unknown command

Im running Autocad Architecture 2012, and I can also see the description of the commands in help menu.

Yes, I couln't work without OSNAPS.

(I'm so annoyed by drawings made without accuracy - even when I know it's way under the normal given tolerances on the construction site :))

If you still want blipmode on simply put a dot in front of the command .blipmode, on

Blipmode will drive you nuts. It doesn't really show the ends of a line' date=' but where you clicked....for any reason. Draw a crossing or selection box, you get 2 blips. Offset a line, you get a blip where you picked the one to offset, and where you picked to indicate direction. You end up with a screen full of blips after while, which disappear immediately upon zooming or doing anything that makes the screen refresh. Its the most useless thing they ever programmed in.[/quote']

Agreed, I have never found a purpose for it.

Maybe I'm confused' date=' but unless you've got a bunch of lines stuck end to end or overlapping each other, the end point is gonna be where the line ends, right?[/quote']

I must be confused too, I said the same thing to myself when I saw this post this morning.

OP wants to "...make endpoints visible..." whatever that means. A "blip"? A grip? A different color? Blinking lights?

The use of OSnaps has been suggested but I'm not sure he took the hint.

No problem. I've lost track of the number of things I've missed.:lol: Not seeing that the user has AutoCAD LT and suggesting the use of a lisp routine to solve his/her problem is my biggest faux pas.:ouch:

I'm wondering if there's a way to make endpoints visible on selected lines/polylines while drawing new lines/polylines or running other routines...

Post some images/screen shots of what you are after. I have been using AutoCAD and other CAD programs since '87 of the last century and don't have a clue of what you mean. I thought endpoints were endpoints.

Thanks all :thumbsup:

Yes Jack, overlapping polylines and lines is the main issue.

What I coud use is to to select a specific line or polyline and by some function highlight the endpoints until pressing esc. or something...

Why?... To distinguish specific points from other endpoints on overlapping lines WHILE drawing additional lines and polylines (of course with use of osnaps).

Edited by jrn