Penn Foster classes - Are they worth it?

SuperCAD

I keep seeing posts on here about the Penn Foster projects and I just gotta know if anyone who's taken these classes thinks that they are worth the money. I started digging into them a while back and I wasn't very impressed with the reviews that I was reading (books outdated, only care about money, charging for classes that weren't signed up for, etc.).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• solo8591

• Dadgad

• PotGuy

My personal opinion is as follows. I think the students are getting ripped off and that Penn-Foster cares not a twit for the student and is in it solely for the money. I've seen some work posted here that wouldn't get a grade of "C" in a real drafting/CAD class yet it somehow receives a grade of "A" at P-F. I have to ask myself how is that even possible.

• 1 year later...

In all fairness to Joe Gagnon, P-F and any forum spooks with vested interests, there are two sides to every coin.

From the perspective of those who are receiving the course registration fees, for what is widely deemed to be dubious content and support?

It is well worth it!

Edited by Dadgad

One aspect of the course makes it far more valuable than it would otherwise be: the extensive input of the unpaid adjunct professors here at CADTutor. But then, you could get their help without paying for the course. So, I guess that doesn’t really count. Oh, well.

I agree. I learn more from this forum than everything else. And its good to share my knowledge that I accrued back to the community to keep it growing. :D

hey yes it worth it i got my civil engineering in 2006 from PF and i work with that deploma and now i am almost finished this autocad class so the combination of this two (men yes it worth it :D)

hey yes it worth it i got my civil engineering in 2006 from PF and i work with that deploma and now i am almost finished this autocad class so the combination of this two (men yes it worth it :D)

Are you saying that, having successfully completed your first Penn Foster instruction in 2006, that you attribute your ability to have almost completed

yet another PF autocad course in a mere 7 years to the exceptional quality of their instructors and course materials?

That sounds about right to me. :beer:

Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. :)

You have asked quite a few questions on the forum in the last 2 weeks, which is just fine, we are (ReMark mostly) happy to help.

Is there a reason you don't ask your salaried PF instructors for their help? :huh:

I seem to recall having read somewhere that they are eager to help.

Or perhaps it was that they are eager to get paid?

Edited by Dadgad

Funny, their website (checked moments ago) does not list civil engineering under Career Diplomas or Certificate Programs. No mention what-so-ever of civil engineering. Was the program dropped?

You should see the list of programs offered. Talk about a diploma mill.

Funny, their website (checked moments ago) does not list civil engineering under Career Diplomas or Certificate Programs. No mention what-so-ever of civil engineering. Was the program dropped?

You should see the list of programs offered. Talk about a diploma mill.

I have seen it before.

Hard to believe they have enough instructors to cover such a diverse range of courses, unless of course you understand exactly what they are expected to do for their students.

I would hate to have the surgical nurse share with me, just as I was starting to go under on the gurney headed into

the OR that she got her certificate from PF. :beer:

They offer LAW Degrees too ... heaven help us all.

No, no, your honor please, get me a P.D.!

Edited by Dadgad

Not to worry there Dadgad. I am a State of Connecticut 100% certified Surgical Technician (2000 hours of hands on training + school over an 18 month period). Give me a call if you ever need to visit the OR.

Not to worry there Dadgad. I am a State of Connecticut 100% certified Surgical Technician (2000 hours of hands on training + school over an 18 month period). Give me a call if you ever need to visit the OR.

That's hard to believe! I don't believe I ever saw YOU post any questions about prophylaxis on the forum?

Must not have gone to PF then. :beer:

yes it was the civil engineering program but they drop it in 2007 so i am in the last graduate in that field . hahha sory .

How long did it take to complete their civil engineering diploma and what did it cover?