Penn Foster classes - Are they worth it?

SuperCAD

I don't think it is by accident that the PF students come here to post their questions.

I don't see them post on any of the other CAD forums.

They must be directed to this site by PF instructor(s?) as a resource.

I assume the govt will pay student tuition and that they deliver some sort of credential upon completion.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• solo8591

• Dadgad

• PotGuy

As I understand it one instructor was quoted in an email informing a student with a question that should a problem arise over a weekend he/she should visit CADTutor.

I too have noticed that there are no questions from P-F students on other AutoCAD related forums. I could only find one question amongst five other AutoCAD related help sites that had a question about one of the Penn-Foster AutoCAD projects. I guess CADTutor really is THE place to go for help.

Who's to say how many of the students are forking over their own money or relying upon student loans/grants?

The AutoCAD program is a certificate course as far as I know. I'm sure one of the recent "grads" could tell us for sure if that is the case or not.

Edited by ReMark

Sense of a sort, of course. But here, there are some pretty big fish warning about the hook behind the bait. :D Hope they're paying an arm & a leg, through the nose, etc, for the privilege!:lol:

Sorry for the pronoun/antecedent confusion. The "they're" should be 'PF is' and "the privilege" would refer to advertising!

Of course, the other info is interesting to note.

• 1 month later...
Well, this is ironic. Penn Foster Classes advertised in this very thread.
Yes, well, the one I'm seeing at the moment offers to help you earn your high school diploma online.:lol:

Neo, loving the signature!
Thanks, PotGuy. It took a while to come up with something I like. I hope it isn't taken wrongly. I didn't see any emoticon with a hammer. In case anyone wonders, I'm not implying that when all you have is a bat, everything looks like a head! (I've seen too many movies!:shock::bloodshot:)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a comment I got in an email recently while assisting a P-F student. I had suggested that the student call an instructor to obtain clarification on a problem encountered while working on the structural project.

"I called PF but most of the time they are not there yet and when they are they put you on hold and forget about you."

The student also went on to say it took seven months just to receive the promised software.

You be the judge.

Another recent quote....

"I emailed p-f and still to this day have not received any help. If it was not for you folks helping I would still be stuck..."

Edited by ReMark

• 4 weeks later...
Not to worry there Dadgad. I am a State of Connecticut 100% certified Surgical Technician (2000 hours of hands on training + school over an 18 month period). Give me a call if you ever need to visit the OR.

You'd love Surgeon Simulator 2013.

Even gives you certificate at the end.

Probably the same course P-F would run.

• 2 months later...

ive been following these posts and this whole page as ive been working threw the autocad course myself, while trying to raise my son, i suffered an on the job injury, which was deemed neglegance of my employer, long story short, when i was 21, i had my hand crushed, now i am enrolled threw this program and without the help of you boys i would have lost my comphensation and not have been able to complete this course. so thank you very much you guys rock!