Problem with 3D model exported from Inventor

Arvid93

ShapeManager is the name of Autodesk’s solid modeling kernel used in Inventor and AutoCAD. Autodesk diverged from Spacial (ACIS kernel) to develop their own, in house solution. See link.

http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_article.php?section=CorpNews&articleid=10291

I don’t know why a box primitive would be flagged as invalid. That is not typically the case.

Edited by SEANT

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Arvid93

• SLW210

• SEANT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you look closely enough you can spot it even in conceptual visual style. I did not notice it immediately either.

It is not here no matter what shademode.

ShapeManager is the name of the Autodesk’s solid modeling kernel used in Inventor and AutoCAD. Autodesk diverged from Spacial (ACIS kernel) to develop their own, in house solution. See link.

http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_article.php?section=CorpNews&articleid=10291

I don’t know why a box primitive would be flagged as invalid. That is not typically the case.

He has been modifying it and has made it a not valid ShapeManager solid. Most likely he did an operation that exceeded the rounding ability.

That should only affect his ability to modify the object, nothing to do with the appearance problem.

It shows up fine on my 2011, so I am guessing it is a 2012 problem or some setting.