mep best workflow practises for hvac design detailing for fabrication

wanabdrummer

Hello everyone, my work has asked me to start using autocad mep to detail drawings since I have a little autocad experiance over the years. computer is up and running,acad mep installed,trimble design link installed,ready to go. now what? What file format do i need to get started /dwg ? i assume. I just need a push start and a little help to get a project started. any suggestions would be appreciated. I will be taking a few courses but nothing scheduled for a month or so.

I advice you to start with Paul Aubin's Mastering Autocad MEP book. I guess it will be a good start for you if you use that book.

I advice you to start with Paul Aubin's Mastering Autocad MEP book. I guess it will be a good start for you if you use that book.
Agreed.

Also don't forget the online user documentation. Here's a quick link that has some really good info in getting started: http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadmep/enu/online-help/browse#WS73099cc142f48755a52158612bd434e551-7f2a.htm

Although if you're new to it, my advice is to be patient and give yourself time to let it soak in. When I first started using AutoCAD MEP years back, it wasn't logical to me. It took me awhile to figure things out and once I did it all came together and I can make some seriously quick and awesome 3D duct and pipe drawings on the quickness!! :)