Fatal Error HELP PLEASE

redheaddkcka

Hi, this is my first time on the forum. I am currently a student at the University of Cincinnati - College Conservatory of Music and am running AutoCAD 2012 Educational on a Boot-Camped iMac. I draft in 3D for shows and classes and the program gives me a fatal error window and crashes all the time. The error message is "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading insert letters and numbers Exception at insert letters and numbers." Thankfully, 2012 has an excellent recovery program. The IT department thinks the graphics are being routed through the processor and not the video card (not that the 512 mb video card is super big). Has anyone else encountered this problem. If so, how have you fixed it if at all? If you haven't had this problem, any thoughts? My colleagues and I are willing to do a rain dance if that means it will stop the problem. Thanks.

Sometimes those "letters and numbers" actually mean something (a known problem) so it might be helpful if you post them.

At what point is the program crashing?

The fact that you are running AutoCAD on an iMac already means help will be difficult to come by since most of us here run AutoCAD on a PC. But we'll give it our best shot.

Have you tried posting to the AutoCAD for Mac discussion forum at the AutoDesk website?

I will start recording all of the numbers and letters from now on. The one's I do have are below.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0018 Exception at e67310a3h.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0014 Exception at e673118dh.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at f3c49be0h.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0018 Exception at e6201224h.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at f25d7f8ah.

The program crashes while orbiting around an object, mid command of various commands, and sometimes in the middle of a save command.

The iMac is dual booted with Windows 7.

I have not yet posted this because my teacher said he would but I will as well. Thank you for looking into this.

Sounds like a graphics card issue or maybe just the driver. Try the latest driver from Autodesk and/or latest driver from the Card manufacturer. Is this just a few large drawings or any and all drawings.

This happens with any and all 3D drawings. Something as simple as a drawing of a bolt will crash the system. And thank you. I'll talk to the IT guys about that.