Autocad 2013

Raudel Solis

I am having nothing but trouble getting 2013 to run reliably. I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion.

Lenovo W520 notebook

Intel i7 processor

16GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional

If AutoCAD loads at all, it will throw an error when I exit the progam every time.

I have tried Product Design Suite - Premium and Factory Desigh Suite - Ultimate. I get the same error regardless of which version I try.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DANIEL

• ReMark

• Raudel Solis

• f700es

I am having nothing but trouble getting 2013 to run reliably. I'm hoping someone will have a suggestion.

Lenovo W520 notebook

Intel i7 processor

16GB RAM

Windows 7 Professional

If AutoCAD loads at all, it will throw an error when I exit the progam every time.

I have tried Product Design Suite - Premium and Factory Desigh Suite - Ultimate. I get the same error regardless of which version I try.

On a network?

We had all manner of problems because you need to download/run first time with full network admin rights.

Sorry for the ommision...

I am running a standalone license on the notebook. Although, the computer is connected to a network.

I have full administrator rights.

I guess he was being ironic?

That's how I took his post anyways :)

first of all... how is what i said "Ironic"

second of all i thought i saw a hotfix download when i installed 2013, but i just realized it 3ds max 2013 that already had a service pack available

first of all... how is what i said "Ironic"

second of all i thought i saw a hotfix download when i installed 2013, but i just realized it 3ds max 2013 that already had a service pack available

Ironic because every single time (IME) a new release of any Autodesk product it's closely followed by a 'fix' to sort out all of the issues the beta testers told them about but they flatly ignored ;)

Irony/ironic call it what you like. a 20 year old piece of software shouldn't need a 'fix' when you subscribe to it annually

Any piece of software is going to need a fix or an update if it is being constantly revised to add totally new features or to increase the functionality of pre-existing features. How many millions of lines of code are there in 2013? Not that I'm siding with AutoDesk as sometimes the programmers end up introducing problems where there weren't any to begin with. That's what tends to set me on edge.

Your subscription gives you access to additional bonus features and help when a problem arises. It's also a way of keeping up to date with the latest release by spreading the cost over multiple years. It does not guarantee you a perfect product.

I've been working with MEP2013 for two weeks now....Looking forward for bugs to be fixed.

Randomly I lose the ability to save documents, ole links are constantly broken, basic functions are randomly disabled, strange alterations happen to locked viewports

Haven't heard back from AutoDesk in over 24 hours. :(

I think there are some major problems with 2013 that go well beyond being just "bugs". The fact that some users have had to uninstall both 2013 and 2012 as a result of one of these bugs is not a good sign. I cannot recall ever loading a new version that negatively affected a previous version. Now that's a "first" I would not be proud of if I were an AutoCAD programmer.

AutoCAD2013 is a disaster. It's flat-out destroying some drawings that were created in previous versions.

NOBODY should "upgrade" to 2013 from a previous version at this point, the risk of having to re-create large portions of your drawings is too great.

Fortunately I have yet to open and edit any previous drawings using 2013.

nestly: Could you elaborate a bit further?

Thanks.

ReMark

That's sort of how I felt, working on Vista 32 bit system, wondering what was the big problem ......... until some dynamic blocks from 2012 got stripped today (as nestly had stated a couple days ago) of any dynamic attributes. Very annoying.

nestly: Could you elaborate a bit further?

I don't fully understand the problem, but apparently it's an AEC content/2013 file format issue. Apparently, Autodesk is incorporating more native support for AEC objects in AutoCAD with each new release. When opening a legacy drawing, AutoCAD2013 automatically updates this AEC content to 2013 format, but when you save the drawing as 2010 (or older) format, all the AEC content may become corrupted.

That, and the fact that AutoCAD2013 has a known and confirmed bug that causes some existing dynamic blocks to be stripped of their dynamic properties. This is a huge problem for users that maintain all their blocks in a master "block library" drawing.

I honestly can't believe Autodesk hasn't issued a "recall" to warn the professional community about the potential for drawing corruption that AutoCAD2013 presents.

The only reason I'm glad I installed 2013 is that perhaps what I've learned will prevent someone else from having 2013 corrupt their existing drawings. These aren't just minor annoyances, the potential for financial and resource losses are huge. Something like this could put a company out of business, which further confuses me about why Autodesk isn't getting out in front of it.