• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• PALynch30

• luckyvictor

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never a good idea to post one's personal email address in a public forum. You might want to remove it. Just a suggestion.

You got everything you need then right? Did Titi95 also explain how he arrived at the solution or is it obvious from the drawing?

Why not just use the Export command in AutoCAD to derived the .STL file?

Did you used the first posted DWG file or work from the second one with the dimensions?

The height at the back of the object in the first drawing that was posted is shorter than called for in the revised (second) drawing posted.

The back of the object is at a slant in the first drawing that was posted which is not how it is shown in the second drawing posted. In that drawing the back is straight up and down.

CIVIL 3D does .stl with no problem. The second drawing I attached does have the correct demensions. The first drawing does not match the second because I had no idea what I was doing. I do need the object to have the dimension properties of the second drawing.

In that case if the first drawing was used to create the object then it is wrong. I'm not finding fault with Titi I want to make that clear. Since you provided a drawing with dimensions and a cross-section showing the back of the object I felt it was important that the object be created from that information. That's all. Nothing sinister. Everybody cool?

Yes, I figured you wanted a .Stl file all along.

Im great!! Here is a screen shot form C3D...Yes the first drawing was totally messed up. That is why I came to the pros...you both have been a great help to me and I know I will have further problems/questions.

I step I didn't add, on the bottom side in the center of the shape, I have to make a cut out for a 9volt battery.......:shock::shock::shock:

SS.jpg

If working with the 3D solid your "cut out" can be made by subtracting a properly sized 3d solid or you can use the PressPull command (along with a 2D profile) to create the hole the battery would fit into.

The drawing looks good! It looks like the drawing I have but is a solid. The front face and the back face need to be continuosly solid as wellm while still maintaining the voids in the middle. It that possible?