• ReMark

• PALynch30

• luckyvictor

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I pretty sure they could.

What is this object supposed to be?

Upon closer inspection I see a couple of pieces of your geometry that don't quite fit right. Over on the left side for example the front vertical surface does not match up with the bottom surface exactly.

Do you have any dimensions you can share with us?

Honestly, I have no clue! A friend on mine said he had this invention he thought of and gave me a rough sketch. I didn't ask, I just told him I would try to help and if he made it big he had to buy me a car! :)

I'm just trying to figure out how to take all those misc surfaces and combine them into a solid.

Well there are some differences between what you have constructed in the first posted drawing and what is called for in the second. Things don't match up exactly.

Example: the height at the back should be 3/4" but it is slightly less and this is at what should be the high point of the object.

I will defer to Titi95. I'm sure he'll provide you with a good explanation.

Well that is odd indeed. I thought he posted a reply with an attachment called Plan.zip which included the solid plus a STL file but when I just checked the post was gone. I ask him to reconsider posting the file. Why? Because my method was in all probability not the best and most accurate way of creating the object. I don't normally work with surfaces nor do I create such objects in my normal day-to-day work so I defer to the real experts. I am not one of those.

Titi95. I left you a visitor message.