Top Posters In This Topic

• FernandoLucchesi

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• SEANT

Can you upload the file?

you mean the DWG file?

Already did... 5 posts ago... "Warehouse.DWG"

So, I started to mess around, changed the textures to a "Chrome like", and seems there was an significant improvment with the faces, but the edges are still giving it away... Take a look:

render0034.jpg

I am to the conclusion that something else is weird about your file that I cannot pinpoint. I can't even get the UCS to go to World and the NavCube align properly. I can't use Dynamic UCS at all, and there are some very strange boxes that hover around the 3D table that I've never seen. I did a copy/paste origin to origin into a fresh template and it all rendered just fine.

See if you can't do the same.

I am to the conclusion that something else is weird about your file that I cannot pinpoint. I can't even get the UCS to go to World and the NavCube align properly. I can't use Dynamic UCS at all, and there are some very strange boxes that hover around the 3D table that I've never seen. I did a copy/paste origin to origin into a fresh template and it all rendered just fine.

See if you can't do the same.

Just did a copy/paste to a new file, reset the location, time, sun and rendered... Here is the result...

render0038.jpg

Not much of a progress... =(

And you are absolutely sure that Dynamic Tessellation is unchecked under 3DCONFIG > Manual Tune, correct?

Absolutelly... Just to elaborate, i tried with it UNCHECKED and CHECKED with both sliders at full... Both still getting the same results, can you please post your render, so i can see the difference? I'm starting to get really ashamed of keep posting here, because it seems like i'm not getting the results i'm expecting and i'm starting to **** you guys off, so if you tells that my render is the best i'll get, i'll accept that, no worries, i just wanted to see how good it would get, all the help is appreciated, thanks!

3DCONFIG.jpg

You are absolutely not making anybody mad here, this is what this forum is all about. :)

We all volunteer our own time so nobody should have any reason to be mad as their involvement is their own choice. And I'm at a loss.... I don't know what is wrong. I cannot recreate the segmented models when I render it so I'm assuming it's an application variable, not a drawing variable, but that's starting to get way above my AutoCAD knowledge.

So, i'm probably stuck with these renders, because i won't be able to configure this application's variable?

Your card does not support hardware acceleration yet you have it enabled. Could that be influencing the results?

Your card does not support hardware acceleration yet you have it enabled. Could that be influencing the results?

My video card is a "EVGA Geforce GTS 250 1Gb", it doesn't support Hardware acceleration?

So, just to be safe, i unchecked HARDWARE ACCELERATION and rendered... Let's say it came out something like DOOM 2

One thing i'm wondering; i'm rendering it on "Presentation" quality everytime, because i'm afraid if i render it on medium or high, i'll miss the details on the "round" cup, but it takes too long, the question is: If i render it on medium or high, it'll lose the round details or it has no relation at all and I'll see it round even redering on medium?

I thought the yellow sign with the exclamation point indicated that the setting was erroneous. Sorry. Just taking a shot in the dark.

DOOM2? LoL Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about.

I swear that everything points to the setting of FACETRES which controls the mesh density of curved solids. Solids, like your glasses, will appear faceted if the setting is too low. But we have been down this path already so I'm stumped.

I thought the yellow sign with the exclamation point indicated that the setting was erroneous. Sorry. Just taking a shot in the dark.

DOOM2? LoL Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about.

The first time i saw it, i thought the same, but when i UNCHECKED it, a lot of RED signs started to flash around, I just started messing with autocad last week so i felt that was better not to mess with something i don't know what it does, especially when RED ALERTS come out of it... So i was like: "The software configured itself that way, better to trust it's own judgment, right?" And the doom comment wasn't perjorative, actually, i used to make maps for doom, quake, half-life, counter-strike, that's how i got here... =)

Your determination to get this figured out is commendable.

I think that's because a glass is something real simple, and i'm annoyed by the fact that I CAN'T NAIL IT, so how can i expect to do something more advanced? How come i don't be able to do a simple round object, the same object i saw hundreds of times all over this forum and the internet? So i guess it really got in my head... My wife said i'm going insane because i spent these last days staring at this damn glass! LOL

Actually, i was working in another couple of projects like this house here but i haven't touched them since this "Glass Incident"...

render0028.jpg pencil.png

render0029.jpg