Penn Foster Oleson Village

cosme017

8 minutes ago, ReMark said:

Yeah, that would make a huge difference and not in a good way.

Directions say use @ absolute when entering 

My guess it is your input is not correct.  By the way, even your starting coordinates for the benchmark appear to be wrong.  The line that goes FROM the benchmark to the POB should have starting coordinates of X=1421334.93, Y= 783207.62 and ending coordinates of X=1421324.12, Y=783320.76.

I am going to send you a private message shortly.  Read it and respond accordingly.  

On 7/16/2022 at 3:47 PM, ReMark said:

Do you have a "Project Booklet" for the Oleson Village project?  If so, then it should contain a table listing the layers you must create.  The table lists the Layer Name, Layer Color and the Linetype that should be assigned to the layer.  In previous instructions there were two layers for trees.  They would be named Trees-save and Trees-remove.  The layer colors, respectively, would be green and blue.  The linetype assigned is Continuous.

Re: boundary distances.  In your "Project Booklet" the Oleson Village boundary is described as follows:

"The point of beginning (POB) of this survey is measured from BM#8332. This benchmark is located at the northeast corner of the intersection of SW Washington Street and SW Oleson Road. The coordinates for the benchmark are 1421334.93,783207.62. The first point in the survey for Oleson Village (the POB) is 113.66 feet from the benchmark and at a bearing of N5°27'23"W.

The survey moved out from the POB to several points as listed here. 

The next survey point after the POB is 542.16 feet away at a bearing of N39°16'46"E. The line connecting the points is a right-of-way line and serves as the west boundary of SW Oleson Road, which is 80 feet wide.  The next survey point is 676.62 feet away from the last one and at a bearing of N87°28'25"W. This line is the south boundary of a small subdivision.  The next survey point is 457.43 feet away from the last one and at a bearing of S2°31'35"W. This line is the east boundary of a small subdivision.  The final line that surrounds the Oleson Village subdivision is from the last surveyed point back to the POB of the subdivision. This line is the north right-of-way line for SW Kensington Place, which is 40 feet wide."

You are plotting a survey via bearings and distances not cardinal compass points (i.e. - North, South, East & West).

image.jpg

On 7/18/2022 at 2:38 PM, ReMark said:

Finally!  Good job.  Now keep going.

Mark, I am drawing the center line for Cul-de-sac for SW 85 Ave. see photo. The Coordinates are ofd with drawing. see line to left of the drawing. 

why?  the drawing limits are off or something? i verified, they were not.

image.jpg

Honestly that image is so small and out of focus I cannot discern the problem.  Are you using your phone to take pictures of your screen?  What version of Windows are you running?  Are you aware of a feature called the "Snipping Tool" that is a feature of Windows?  Here is an example of what it is capable of...

SW 85th Ave cul-de-sac.PNG

I thought that was just a stray line you might be using for some reason.  

Draw a diagonal line from the lower lefthand corner of your drawing to the upper righthand corner.  Make sure you are picking the outer most lines (white).  What are the starting and ending coordinates?  What are the starting/ending coordinates of the magenta line?  BTW... what was the magenta line supposed to represent?

I'm not sure what is taking so long but.... the starting X/Y coordinates for the diagonal line should be 1420481.09, 782918.89 and the ending X/Y coordinates should be 1422281.09, 784118.89.  If you do not find your coordinates match these then your drawing is incorrect.

Edited by ReMark

28 minutes ago, Torbone said:

magenta line to left . u cant see that? why would my coordinates be off is what i asked. 

They could be off because you 1) entered them wrong, 2) your drawing is incorrectly located within the limits as called for in the instructions (i.e. - you entered the wrong coordinates), or 3) you have the base angle (East) located in the wrong direction.

I think you should just delete the drawing and start all over again.  Follow the directions I give in this thread (with 409 posts).  

Edited by ReMark

The drawing is not located correctly in limits is issue. i can select all of it and bring it back. zoom extents makes it disappear off screen, so something is off. I will check it later today.

thanks again 

That does not explain the magenta line you said was incorrectly located.

Issue the LIMITS command and post the coordinates here.

4 minutes ago, ReMark said:

That does not explain the magenta line you said was incorrectly located.

Issue the LIMITS command and post the coordinates here.

Limits are 0,0 2000000,2000000. Magenta line is center line for 85 w ave into cul-de-sac. 

drawing centerline for village road is off. i can draw that w correct coords, and then move drawing to that, to get it in vicinity and then get it correct. i should not have to redraw all . i will try it later.

thanks

And what are the start/end coordinates of the magenta line which you say is the centerline of SW 85th Ave?

If the entire drawing is off then you can move it to the correct position using the coordinates of the benchmark.  The benchmark X/Y coordinates are 1421334.93,783207.62.

Edited by ReMark