Penn Foster Oleson Village

cosme017

Ok. Will check it again, i could of sworn that it says it wants a 55 degree arc on the centerline.

Maybe I missed that part. I'd have to check. Found it. You are correct.

"The bend in SW Village Lane has a centerline radius of 55 feet."

Huh? There is a single centerline and two streetlines (one north and one south). Where the streetlines of one street, going east and west, intersect with those of another street, going north and south, the instructions will tell you the radius to be applied to the intersecting streetlines. Example: 50.00

Ok, so I am wondering how do I get the starting point for the lots 4,5,6? I saw your previous post about this topic, but I'm not sure where to start. from the western edge of the boundary....168.24ft down from lot 3?

I'm not sure if my professor messed my project up with zoom extents, but when i did it and then pressed undo, the project came back with none of the arcs. The upside down lollipop now looks like a pentagon, and the arcs on the midpoints are straight. I was trying to figure out why I cannot input footage and bearings as a normal line command. I thought the dynamic input would help, but that was only when i had an original coordinate to work with. Anyways, the command came back and said something like intellizoom, intellipan. can I upload a dwf file to this post?

ok wait when I pull up the dwg file the project went back to the original view, but I am viewing it in autocad still with the angles. weird, ok maybe not weird to you, but to me it is. lol

If your circles and arcs look like they consist of a series of lines try changing the VIEWRES variable to 2000 or higher (even 5000). To do this type VIEWRES at the command line then press ENTER. Now set your new value.

You can upload and attach a DWG file as long as it meets the file size limitation. Start by clicking on the Go Advanced button. At the next screen click on the Paperclip icon. You will have to find then upload your DWG file first before you can finally attach it. You'll also have to include ten characters of text for the post to be accepted.

How is it that your professor came into possession of your drawing and messed it up on you in the first place?

aww yes, thank you. I am still trying to figure out why I cant draw a simple line with bearings and degrees. Everytime I input the info for lot 4, 168.24 N55.....the line starts somewhere else on the project, and it is different everytime. i will try to use the western boundary, but it has been difficult to go down to 168.24 since there is no mid or endpoint in the area

Have you tried using the OFFSET command? Or have you tried drawing a CIRCLE with a radius of 168.24 using the intersection of the south property line of lot 3 and the western boundary? My guess the answer to both would be "no".

Edited by ReMark

ok, i am getting there. I will fix the bearings and footage later, but how in the world do i figure out the distance from the western row line of sw oleson rd to lot 7? I have been trying all different things today.

I'm not at my CAD computer now nor do I plan to be before retiring for the evening but I promise to take a look at it tomorrow (Thursday) morning. Best I can do.

ok, i am getting there. I will fix the bearings and footage later, but how in the world do i figure out the distance from the western row line of sw oleson rd to lot 7? I have been trying all different things today.

It's a 50.00 offset from the streetline to what would be the east property line of lot #7.

ok, I must of missed that somewhere. I have to place the trees now, but creating a block is becoming an issue. I have read previous post, but I still cannot comprehend the building of the block. I created a block on the 0 layer, and I am having trouble increasing the size of the point. The pdsize and ddtype do not respond well when making the point. Also, the diameter is 15 ft, but I'm not sure how to scale it. I have tried using the scale selection, but when I select .50 the list shows it as 7.5ft wide. One last thing. the coordinates for the removed trees are outside the boundaries, does that sound right?

Let's start over.

To create our tree block we will use only two items. The first will be a circle with a diameter of 15.00 and the second will be the actual point which we will place in the center of the tree.

It doesn't matter where you are in the drawing when you create the block. Make sure you are on layer "0".

Draw a circle with a radius of 7.5 or, if you want, you can use the "Diameter" option.

Type PDMODE at the command line and give it a value of 2. This will yield a point that looks like a plus sign ( + ).

Type PDSIZE at the command line and give it a value of 1.

Now start the POINT command and when prompted for a location pick the center of your circle (make sure your "center" Osnap is enabled).

You should now have a circle with a cross in the center of it. Finish off with using the BLOCK command.

As far as I can tell ALL trees fall within the boundary lines for Oleson Village. If any of your trees fall outside the boundary you have typed in a wrong X or Y coordinate.

OlesonVillageTreeBlock.PNG

Oleson Village tree block.

ok great, so I have to input each coordinate individually or I can use, according to a previous post, the design center and make a table? One more thing, I am doing the sw oleson road now, and it seems as though the sw washington st north line starts at the benchmark. Well why isnt the eastern line on sw oleson rd, if it's 50 ft wide, doesn't it line up to the benchmark? SORRY FOUND IT. 80 FT WIDE, I HAD TO GO BACK A FEW PAGES.

ok, I'm back at the trees and I was wondering if I have to input each coordinate individually or I can use, according to a previous posted question, the design center and make a table? Also, doesn't changing it to 7.5 change the project requirement of 15 ft in diameter? Do I need to scale it?

Edited by cosme017

I can look for it if you want, but I think Batman was the person who posted the question, and you responded (i think) that he can do some kind of design center. He had a question about blocks.