3D text for a mac

nick10909

I am currently trying to make a bracelet with text engraved in the outside of it with autocad, and my current problem is that I have to make the text 3D before I can subtract it from the bracelet. I am using autocad for mac, which means I dont have the express tools, most notably textexp. I am fairly sure that, without other programs, making 3d text with autocad for mac is impossible. I have tried making text in adobe illustrator, outlining it, and exporting it to autocad, but when I explode it (with the default explode command) and extrude the text, it looks like this:

w6FYw.png

As you can see, very few of the letters get properly extruded, and some arent even effected at all. I've tested other fonts, and they all have the same problem, albeit with some differences in exactly which letters are changed. Except papyrus, in which none of the text gets extruded

If anyone knows how to make outlined text from illustrator extrude properly, be my guest! The same goes if you have a different way to make 3D text. All help will be appreciated.

It looks like you're probably dealing with a lot of individual line segments that are not connected up correctly. Use the PEDIT command to Join all the line segments of each letter into one continuous Polyline. Then you should be able to Extrude properly.

Thanks! pedit works perfectly. I've been trying to fix on my own for a few days, and now it's a relief to finally find a way. :)